Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received the call an hour ago so nipped out quick on the rabbit poo run (just got back). 11 big bags ready to start composting tomorrow
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Busy weekend. Did lots of weeding. Sowed spinach, lettuce and komatsuna. Planted out broad beans, peas, mangetout, leeks and some onions grown from seed.Took various other things out of the cold frames to finish hardening off. Put calendula, various stonecrops and more sweet peas into a cold frame to begin hardening off.

Comment

• Planted out 6 Black Doulting runner beans in the big tubs behind the shed.
        Also potted up the last two sprouted Spagna Bianco runner beans.
        That's all I could manage in between the rain.

Also tipped out the two trays in which I was sprouting two of last year's sweet potatoes today. I've rooted and potted up 14 cuttings from them so far, and took another six from them today. And the sweet potatoes themselves were still perfectly edible (we had them today with the roast dinner).
        I only need 11 plants myself, so I shall have to give some of the rest away.

Comment

• Planted some Basil in the GH border, other than that just some weeding.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Planted out cavolo Nero, courgettes, onion squash and crown Prince. Earthed up potatoes. Fed tomatoes and strawberries.

Comment

• Earthed up potatoes.
              Planted out 12 Black Doulting runner beans, and 9 Spagna Bianco runner beans.
              Planted out 39 leeks. Still half a tray left, which I've brought home to plant at home.

"Earthed up" my tenderstem broccoli plants, as they were flopping a bit.
              The black ants are starting to attack them again, just like last year. I was hoping the rain would keep them away, but evidently not. I've put some ant powder down under the cabbage fly collars.

Comment

• Potted on Coriander and Kales.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Two of my squash seedlings have had their roots eaten off by fungus gnat larvae (I wondered why they didn't seem to be growing much).
                  The tops are still perky, if small, though, so I'm going to try rooting them as cuttings (I have no seeds left of this variety). Squash often roots from the stem, so I'm reasonably hopeful they'll take.

Comment

• I had to go for a covid test first as I am due in hospital for an Endoscopy later in the week, so after that and a walk along the beach, I had plans for the garden, but heavy rain put a stop to that, planted some French Beans in the greenhouse border for an earlier crop instead.

Comment

• Did lots of weeding at the allotment. Did all of the strawberry beds and the soft fruit bed, and cut the edges of the grass around it with shears.

Comment

• Cut the privet hedge at home and mixed the trimmings into the lotty compost as it was turned. Pricked out kale seedlings and sown chitted squash.
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Planted out two achocha plants at the allotment. Tied them in well, as it is very windy here today and tomorrow.
                          Also tied in most of the runner beans I planted a few days ago, to prevent them being too battered by the wind.
                          Then I dug some trenches where I plan to plant my tomatoes, cut down the comfrey plants, and then buried all the cut leaves and stems in the trenches.

I also put another tray of beans, along with my sweetcorn, peppers and sweet potatoes out on the patio to harden off. I wanted to put out my tomatoes, squashes and melons, too, but I fear it's a tad windy for them at the moment.

Comment

• Turned the heating on...
                            Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                            Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                            https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                            Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Opened gh door.
                              Took mum to couple of garden centres buying plants
                              Closed gh door
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Put my squash, tomato and melon plants in the mini greenhouse.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X