This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by annie8 View Post
    Put the tray of pots on the bed under the fleece during the day and forgot about them.
    I read this and began visualising someone taking a tray of sweetcorn pots into their bedroom, putting them on top of their bed and covering them up with a nice, soft, fleecy blanket. I started to wonder why you'd go to all that trouble to keep your sweetcorn from getting too cold. Then I realised what you actually meant. Either I'm an idiot or it's been a very long day at work and I need a nice sit down and a cuppa!

Comment

• Emptied my GH then pressure washed in inside and out just got all the plants, tools and stuff back in as the rain started.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lots of pricking out and potting on in between working. Managed to get everything back in greenhouse that needed to be before the rain deluge and thunder claps.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Planted a sweet Million tomato plant very deeply in a large pot for MIL, so it's going to be well rooted.

Pulled lots of horsetail up. Weeded the back garden.
          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Sowed another row of carrots, covered the carrots and beetroot with insect mesh, and weeded out some more horsetail and bindweed which was coming up between my potatoes and onions.
            I also start tying strings to the metal frame I erected for my beans, but I ran out of string.

Comment

• Yesterday, sat in the lotty shed for over an hour while it bucketed down and was just locking up to come home when the site had a large delivery of green conifer chippings. Grabbed myself a trailer full and stacked it on the plot to use in compost.
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Planted out some more dahlias.
                Potted on more tomatoes.
                Did some weeding.
                Waiting for the rain to stop.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Potted on today, in the rain:
                  I potted up four sweet potato cuttings and some sprouted Black Magic kale seeds.
                  Potted my basil seedlings into their final pots.
                  Repotted my tiny clivias.
                  Potted on two of the pepper plants (the others seem like they should be fine in their current pots until planting time).
                  Potted my Chilean glory vine into a biggish pot.

Also put some more runner beans out onto the patio to harden off. If the weather holds, I shall probably plant out the previous lot tomorrow.

Comment

• Put some marigold seedlings outside to harden off. The slugs and snails in the garden are looking forward to them.
                    Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Potted on some more flowering plants
                      Trained clematis that's in a pot up twigs
                      Intended to do some planting out and weeding but rain stopped play
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Planted my Toms into my GH border and covered them with fleece for the night.

Comment

• Turned the compost then cultivated my social skills while Mrs. B planted out 40 celeriac. Then gave her a hand to net them from foxes and blackbirds.
                          Last edited by Mr Bones; 14-05-2021, 01:19 PM. Reason: Spellin
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Potted on courgettes, cucs and aubergines then planted Marigolds in to my GH border.

Comment

• Finished tying strings to my metal runner bean frame.
                              Planted out my first lot of runner beans (26 plants).
                              The strimmer man came again today, so I went around raking up grass to use as a mulch.
                              Potted up a few more sprouted runner bean seeds.
                              Also put my achocha plants out on the patio to harden off, as they now seem to be growing an inch or more a day.

Comment

• Planted up the lotty tunnel with toms, aubs, peppers, chillies and French marigolds - all of which have been out in the greenhouse for a week or so.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X