Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potted on my toms, cucs and courgettes they're all back indoors on windowsills.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by annie8 View Post
      I have grown echinacea from seed this year for the first time. Was really slow to grow over autumn/winter but hoping they will pick up a bit now. When do you think you will plant them out?
      Annie, as they are still small plants I will probably wait until they grow a bit sturdier. They are frost hardy so they should be ok to plant out by the middle of May. I dont think they will flower this year however. Let me know how you get on with yours.
      I bought a rooted one in a pot last year and it flowered right up through the autumn.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Pricked out and potted on my tomato seedlings.
        At the allotment I collected three buckets full of goose grass from a vacant overgrown plot to fill my compost bin with.

Comment

• Planted out lettuce, more coriander and more onions.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Had a trip to garden centre , bought plants and compost for new flower bed area
            Came home and split what plants I could to make more.
            Found another heap of beech leaves behind shrubs, bagged them up to rot down.
            Northern England.

Comment

• Bought a new oscillating sprinkler hose attachment from Wilco today - I used to have one, but it got bust. Ideal for a veg pot, as it covers a rectangular area. I set it up and watered the plot for an hour or so, because we haven't had significant rain for some time. The plot is now thoroughly drenched.
              I hope the weather warms up soon - my apple trees are on the verge of opening their blossom, and I want warm weather to encourage the bees and other pollenating insects.
              Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

• Planted out perpetual spinach and cultivated my social skills.. (socially distanced of course)
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Planted out mixed lettuce and perpetual spinach that I'd sown in newspaper pots.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Potted up my five rooted sweet potato cuttings, and then took three more and put them in water.

Comment

• Spent a couple of hours removing all traces of couch grass from the bed I intend planting asparagus crowns in. Having gone over it in the autumn, I thought it was couch grass free but some more wiry roots had made their way in there.

Comment

• Planted out my peas, some land cress and a new rhubarb.

Comment

• Turned the compost, took down wind breaks and secured further against the allium miner which no doubt will be visiting soon.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Some lovely, healthy asparagus crowns arrived today. I thought I'd ordered 10 but it turns out I ordered 15. Robinson's/mammothonion also very kindly sent me 3 extras. Since I received 18 crowns instead of the 10 I was expecting, I had to create another asparagus bed before getting them all put in it. What a lovely 'problem'! Luckily I hadn't yet transplanted any strawberries into the empty bed next to the asparagus so I just put the unexpected crowns in there.

Comment

• Pulled out the purple sprouting broccoli and brought it home to shred it. Started digging over the patch where it was.

Comment

• Sowed climbing bean 'Blue Lake' and Runner bean 'Scarlet Emperor' (12 of each) in fibre pots. I'll have to buy some long bamboo poles to grow them up.
                                Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X