Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^^A bit more heat sometimes works and feeding too.
    Last edited by Ms-T; 03-05-2021, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• They're in my conservatory and I can't really put them anywhere else. On a sunny day they get plenty of heat, high 20s or low 30s. It does go down to about 10 at night, though, and it's been as low as 7 on some cold nights recently. It's also cooler on cloudy days.
      I should probably feed them a bit more, though. I've fed them once so far this year, about a week ago, and that's it so far.

Comment

• Try a placky bag over it at night...yes more food .
        Last edited by Ms-T; 03-05-2021, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• My chillies are just beginning to flower, sure that is earlier than last year, given the cold over night temps I'm pleased with that.

Comment

• That’s good. Mine are looking really healthy just small. Once I get the tomatoes out overnight I’ll pot them on so they get more nutrients see if that helps.

Comment

• Well, I've put the four overwintered peppers which are actually growing out on the patio now. I need the space in my conservatory, not to mention they are infested with aphids. Night temperatures won't be going below 7 (and most nights not below 9), and my patio is pretty sheltered, so they should be fine.
              My pepper plants from this year are getting rather large, too. One is over a foot tall, and most are 8-10 inches, and all are still in 8cm pots. I can't repot them, though. I don't have enough compost, not enough space to accommodate them all in larger pots. I'll probably have to start thinking about hardening them off soon, then planting them out.
              Last edited by ameno; 08-05-2021, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by annie8 View Post
                That’s good. Mine are looking really healthy just small. Once I get the tomatoes out overnight I’ll pot them on so they get more nutrients see if that helps.
                Potted them all on to 14cm pots with free compost. All had good roots so hoping that’ll get them growing a bit faster.

Comment

• This is what I ended up with this year
                  1 of each of the following
                  Aji Chombo
                  Dragon's Breath
                  Napia
                  Aji Mochero
                  Chenzo
                  Orange Cayenne
                  Komodo Dragon
                  Random 2.5in by 1in HOT Conical green-orange-red good cropper good taste
                  Serenade
                  Purple Cluster
                  Guindilla
                  Random Small Yellow Finger
                  Mystery Bag 1
                  Mystery Bag 2
                  Mystery Bag 3
                  Aji Limo
                  Fresno ( very pale green )
                  Peruvian Purple
                  Cheyenne
                  Alberto Locoto
                  Aji Pacay
                  Bahamian Goat
                  Peter Pepper
                  Aji Jobito
                  Orange Scotch Bonnet
                  Aji Crystal
                  Random Spanish HOT gifted seed
                  Demon Red
                  Serrano
                  Gernica

2 Mayan Black ( Annuum )
                  3 Hab Orange
                  2 Large Ancho ( 1 in a growbag as a test )
                  2 Yellow Reaper
                  2 Naga Jalokia

just kept going through the Winter
                  Peter Pepper
                  Baileys Pequin
                  Random 5in by 1.5in large finger fantastic taste

Proper Over Wintered
                  Aji Crystal
                  Botinecka Zuta

And I am going to start some new seeds as they failed and keep them in the growroom
                  Aji Pineapple
                  Lemon Drop
                  Fidalgo Roxa
                  Brown Jalapeno
                  Goorong

Not able to move them to the greenhouse yet as temperature was as low as 3.5 4 days ago and drops below at least 2 nights a week in the greenhouse.

Comment

• Wow just wow , Stigs . mine have been so slow this year..and have lost lots.

Comment

• My over-wintered Orange Hab has tiny buds spotted them this afternoon.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        My over-wintered Orange Hab has tiny buds spotted them this afternoon.
                        My overwintered long yellow sweet peppers (no idea on the exact variety, as they were from supermarket seeds) have been in flower for a week now, and the buquinho have tiny buds coming. The Beaver Dam are still stubbornly not even putting on any new growth. They're definitely alive, as they still have last year's green leaves, but nothing new.

Comment

• Planted out the four overwintered plants that were showing growth today.
                          I noticed when I planted them out that they had a reduced root ball. A lot of the old roots that were filling the pots seemed to be dead. They don't seem to have been eaten or anything, they seem to have just died back on their own. Is this normal? Do they usually lose a certain proportion of their roots over winter, then regrow new ones in the spring?

Comment

• Spotted buds on one of mine today. Can’t remember if it is a cayenne or scotch bonnet. In general though they are still really small. Put them out in the gh.

Comment

• Planted out 24 pepper plants today. Three each of eight different varieties. 10 through black plastic in the ground, and the rest in a variety of mini raised beds I constructed, in the hopes of keeping the slugs away from them a bit.
                              Still have eight more left (one of each) for planting in big pots on the patio at home.

Originally posted by annie8 View Post
                              Spotted buds on one of mine today. Can’t remember if it is a cayenne or scotch bonnet. In general though they are still really small. Put them out in the gh.
                              My peppers have had buds on for weeks. I keep picking them off, as they were only in 8cm pots.
                              I've planted most of them out today, though.

Also, you don't happen to know the answer to the question in my above post, do you?
                              Last edited by ameno; 28-05-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ameno View Post
                                Planted out the four overwintered plants that were showing growth today.
                                I noticed when I planted them out that they had a reduced root ball. A lot of the old roots that were filling the pots seemed to be dead. They don't seem to have been eaten or anything, they seem to have just died back on their own. Is this normal? Do they usually lose a certain proportion of their roots over winter, then regrow new ones in the spring?
                                When you over wintered the plant did you reduce the growth,give it a prune? I know that if you cut the roots you should reduce the plant growth to compensate,so if the plant was pruned those roots wouldn’t have been needed or being used? So naturally died from not being needed? Then as the plant grows the roots will expand too,it seems normal to me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X