Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes agree. I do the same with chillis when I do the initial move to an individual pot mainly to stop them getting a bit spindly.

Comment

• Ok, they'll get put in a bit deeper when I pot them on tomorrow.
      Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Hello everyone; I don't know if any of you will remember me? I got ill early last year and my grow went by the wayside. (I'm ok now.) I have a feeling that I owed seeds or seedlings to people when I got ill. I'm really sorry but I have no idea who or what, I can only apologise if you sent me something and didn't get anything back.

I lost all my indoor plants to a severe aphid attack in about November. The seedlings I had in Jiffy 7s last year never got potted up so most of them died but just a few are still alive. One was Aleppo and it even produced two pods, then died. I lost my planting list though so don't know what the rest of them are.

I have sown the seeds from the Aleppo pods and got good germination so, as things stand, that's all I'm growing this year. I'll probably get a few plants from the garden centre.

I hope you are all having a good season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SimpleSimon View Post
          Anybody got any idea what is causing this build up on the underside of one my plants leaves? Looks a bit like yellow grit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210321_124146_compress22.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	295.1 KB
ID:	2520529

The plant looks otherwise healthy. This is only on the top newer leaves. The bottom leaves are unaffected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210321_124317_compress0.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	435.8 KB
ID:	2520530
          Not sure if you got an answer. It looks like oedema to me. Reduce watering and/or increase ventilation. Put a fan on the plants if you can.

Comment

• What happened to Scarlet and Small Pumpkin? Surprised not to see them on this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
              What happened to Scarlet and Small Pumpkin? Surprised not to see them on this thread.
              Hi Mitzi, I was wondering where you had gone. I do recall you saying you were a bit poorly so hope you've recovered ok. There was some sort of mutiny due to a site upgrade and scarlet and others left to pastures new. Facebook maybe but not sure as I don't have a FB account. Bit of a shame. The upgrade was a bit of a disaster but the forum seems to work fine for me now.

Comment

• Finally repotted by 37 pepper seedlings today, from 3cm pots to 9cm pots. Some were a little pot bound, and some 6 inches tall, but they should be okay.
                My overwintered plants have new leaves and even some flower buds coming, too.

Comment

• Tam Jalapeno Click image for larger version  Name:	P1000892 (2).JPG Views:	0 Size:	274.7 KB ID:	2522198Click image for larger version  Name:	P1000891 (2).JPG Views:	0 Size:	485.2 KB ID:	2522199 Mila Bulgarion
                  Last edited by Ms-T; 09-04-2021, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• I read an article today that says you should give a person having a heart attack 1 tspn of chilli powder stirred into a glass of water, does anybody now if there's any truth in this ?
                    Last edited by stigs; 24-04-2021, 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Some of my pepper plants are yellowing rather alarmingly, but it's only one variety (Marconi Yellow).
                      This does happen to be the one and only variety I previously had growing two plants to a pot, so they've suffered the most root disturbance of all of my pepper plants. Could the yellowing just be down to this?
                      In any case, I've decided to give them a weak liquid feed, as I think some nitrogen will perk them up.

Comment

• Originally posted by stigs View Post
                        I read an article today that says you should give a person having a heart attack 1 tspn of chilli powder stirred into a glass of water, does anybody now if there's any truth in this ?
                        I have not head of this..

ameno , i would give them a feed too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ameno View Post
                          Some of my pepper plants are yellowing rather alarmingly, but it's only one variety (Marconi Yellow).
                          This does happen to be the one and only variety I previously had growing two plants to a pot, so they've suffered the most root disturbance of all of my pepper plants. Could the yellowing just be down to this?
                          In any case, I've decided to give them a weak liquid feed, as I think some nitrogen will perk them up.
                          When I have yellowing leaves I tend to pee into the watering can about 3% mix, the leaves are usually back to green in 3-4 days, I know this is not a method most people would choose but it's just chemical and natural.
                          Last edited by stigs; 25-04-2021, 11:22 AM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

• Originally posted by stigs View Post

When I have yellowing leaves I tend to pee into the watering can about 3% mix, the leaves are usually back to green in 3-4 days, I know this is not a method most people would choose but it's just chemical and natural.
                            I just gave them some Baby Bio. It's all I had kicking around apart from tomato feed (which I feel wouldn't have enough nitrogen in it).

Comment

• Lawn greening fluid contains double the amount of nitrogen so can be used at half strength.
                              The tool shed latrine tank goes as compost heap starter but can indeed be mixed with water directly.
                              Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• What do you guys recommend for encouraging overwintered peppers into growth?
                                I've overwintered three varieties, and two of them have new shoots (and even flower buds) growing well, but the third variety is showing no signs of new growth. They're definitely still alive, as they still have last year's leaves on, but no new growth.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X