Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sowed an area of about 60 square metres with a butterfly and bee-friendly flower mix. It's a bit late really but it's been so cold here, there would have been no point in sowing it any earlier. It'll be interesting to see which of the 20 varieties listed on the box actually germinate and get to flowering stage.

Comment

• Two days ago I sowed a big tub of sweet candle carrots under plastic to keep the compost a bit damp,there’s also a few self seeded carrots in a tub from when I grew the carrot flowers-

Comment

• I’m new to the veg growing world and wondered if anyone could give some advice on my cucumber plants! I sowed them a few weeks ago in my greenhouse and they’ve sprouted lovely. Do I keep all of the leaves on the plants or do I remove the big ones? I’m moving them into a bigger pots soon.

Comment

• I only remove dead leaves as the plants get older, what variety are they?

Comment

• They’re marketer

Comment

• This may be of use to you
              How to grow cucumbers / RHS Gardening

Comment

• Thank you

Comment

• More spring onions and radish.
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Carrots today: Rouge Sang and Burpee's Short and Sweet. Radishes too.

Comment

• A pot of carrots Red Chantenay. Fennel Sirio direct and in modules. Turnip and radish where peas had been.

Comment

• Radishes and spring onions.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Eight pulsatilla seeds, freshly harvested. Probably would have been more, but some idiot left them too long to get ripe and most of them blew off the flower head.
                          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Rouge Sang carrots, Bacchus radishes, Karminka and Koshigaya spring onions, Crapaudine beetroot.

Comment

• A couple of rows of Purple Top Globe turnips. These were sown in an area that was hoed and raked after a crop of potatoes failed. I think they probably rotted as there was water in the bottom of the planting holes when planted,which has all dried up now.
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Apart from Radish I have finished sowing now, no room.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X