This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ameno View Post
    Potted up a sprouted Red warty thing squash seed.
    Not a Galeux d'Eysines, I presume. Or are you giving them a second chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Not a Galeux d'Eysines, I presume. Or are you giving them a second chance?
      Hell, no. I'm never touching Galeux d'Eysines again. They were disgusting.
      No, "Red Warty Thing" is the actual name of the squash.

Comment

• Originally posted by ameno View Post
        Hell, no. I'm never touching Galeux d'Eysines again. They were disgusting.
        No, "Red Warty Thing" is the actual name of the squash.
        Never heard of those. I've just looked them up. Impressive appearance.

Comment

• Round one of Earlibird sweet corn yesterday. Might seem late but it was in modules as soon as the seeds arrived. Very poor germination on my previous lot, so starting again. Should be OK. I once successfully grew Lark from seeds sown 23 June. And Earlibird looks to be quicker to harvest than Lark.

Will sow a second lot in two or three weeks.

Today, Merveille de Piemonte beans.

Comment

• We’ve had to resow our sweet corn too. Nothing came up - all rotted

Not grown them for a while as apparently the wild boar love them and we have them in the wood next to our house.
            Dont really want to tempt fate, but I really miss the flavour of freshly picked sweet corn.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^We have wild boar locally too. They've never had a go at our sweet corn, even when planted quite a way from the house. I'm more worried about rodents. I saw the piece on the Beeb about mice in Australia and we're nothing like as bad as that, but it seems to be a plague year for us for rodents, millipedes, slugs and grasshoppers.

Comment

• Had problems with my sweetcorn this year too. Never formally have a problem with it. Some of the seedlings just died off/rotted. Put them out and should hopefully still get about 5 plants. Wonder if it is just the weather this year.

Comment

• Put some more Swift sweetcorn seeds and various bean seeds on damp tissue to sprout.

Comment

• Sowed dill, kohlrabi, and more carrots and radishes this morning. And more french climbing beans and peas at home.

Comment

• Today I sowed dwarf beans ‘purple queen’ & runner beans ‘celebration’ & ‘white lady’

Comment

• Yesterday, winter cabbages - Tundra, Stonehead and Red Drumhead
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Courgette TriStar. I was looking at some plants in my local garden centre yesterday as I fancied a courgette but they looked so puny I passed on getting any. Today I saw some seeds on clearance at my supermarket and thought I could do a better job so a late sowing in the June warmth it is!

Comment

• Lettuce today some salad bowl, spicy mix, lollo rosso and Mizuna
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• White radishes and some runner beans, never been so late but fingers crossed
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Sowed direct a big tub of Sugar Bon snap peas & covered with net curtain to stop mice.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X