• Show
Clear All

• Ms-T
    replied
    Sowed
    spring onion
    mange tout.
    beetroot cylindra new to me.
    and lot of toms ...that are keeping their seed heads...not had that before .

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Sowed some more peas (alderman) and more cauliflower (Clapton).

Leave a comment:

• .commander
    replied
    I've lobbed some peas (Meteor) borad beans (the sutton) , Lettuce (little Gem, lollo rosso), Radish (Purple ?spanish place), Spring onion (white lisbon), Beetroot (bolthardy), Cabbage (greyhound) all in modules over the last two weeks.

Sticking my radish out under fleece today. Following Dowding methods. I've covered half the plot in card and compost.. Run out of funds atm for more. I have homemade I will use, it just takes a long time to sift it as I chucked everything in there haha.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Sowed more Meteor peas on Friday and planted the rest of the onion sets yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Anyone started mizuna outside yet or is it too early in my part of the world? Heard it doesn’t mind cold. Could start in the gh but I’d probably rather wait and sow direct if i can sow in March.

Leave a comment:

• MelanieSW
    replied
    Sowed some frilly mustard in the cold frame, and sowed celeriac, leeks, red cabbage and Brussels sprouts indoors.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Originally posted by goosander View Post
    Planted a lot of various melon seeds as most usually just die on me. This year I think all have germinated and making good plants.
    Wonder if I will ever get it right.
    Bob.
    A bit early for melons, isn't it? They're fast growers. I planted mine in mid-March last year, and by the time I planted them out in mid-May they were 3 feet long and flowering already.
    I going to wait until late March this year.

Leave a comment:

• goosander
    replied
    Planted a lot of various melon seeds as most usually just die on me. This year I think all have germinated and making good plants.
    Wonder if I will ever get it right.
    Bob.

Leave a comment:

• Sweet savory
    replied
    At weekend sowed spinach and early lettuce in the porch. Lettuce is mostly up. Also sowed parsley but will be a while for that to show. And a pot of early Nantes carrots under mesh with a piece of glass on top outdoors.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    My leek seeds have germinated indoors and the sweet pea seedlings are now out in the cold frame. The shallot sets and elephant garlic are just starting to sprout green tips. I'm particularly pleased about those as it's taken a while and I thought they'd been killed by the cold snap a couple of weeks back.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Signs of the Clapton cauliflower seedlings in the gh. Shows they will germinate in low temperatures.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    So far this year I have sown tomatoes (Shirley and Balconi red) to grow in the house, snackbite peppers, lettuce, microgreens and Half Pint and Meteor peas indoors. I've also sown spinach, lettuce and beetroot in the hotbed and planted some of the onion sets.
    Last edited by Penellype; 03-03-2021, 08:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    I have started chitting my Gladiator parsnips and will plant the first row as soon as I see the roots show and then do the next batch.
    They are pretty frost proof but are a pain to get germinated.
    I have put lots of pepper seeds in trays and modules too.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Sowed zinnias, clary sage, cosmos and salvia.
    potted on my dahlia seeds.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Made my first outdoor sowing of the year..........Gladiator parnips, Sown in stations 6 inches apart with a pinch of seed in each.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X