X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet savory
    replied
    Today sowed burpees golden beetroot. Didn’t know whether to multisow or not as never grown before. The first 6 modules are individually sown. Might try multisowing for next lot in a few weeks time.

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Originally posted by annie8 View Post
    Wow that is a lot of sweetcorn! A bit early for us up north to get those going.
    We blanch it lightly and freeze it. Only works out at about one a week.

We are past our last frost here in West Cornwall (fingers crossed) , even if not past our last gale!

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Just checked last years diary and I started my courgettes on 22 March. Maybe I should sow a few this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Wow that is a lot of sweetcorn! A bit early for us up north to get those going.

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Sowed 55 sweetcorn Swift - ie 7*7 plus some spare
    In greenhouse on propergator in peat pots.

image widget

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Anyone planted out their peas yet? I have been sowing my aldermans in the gh for a few weeks now and got really good germination from last years crop. Just starting to think about getting them out in the ground.
    Our autumn-planted Kelvedon Wonder did not survive our unusually cold winter.
    Planted out out our KW yesterday. Sowed in modules and started in greenhouse couple weeks back.
    West Cornwall - mild but windy

Leave a comment:

• NannyGreen
    replied
    Too scared to plant my peas out, they get protected from marauding gastropods with plastic pop bottles but it's so windy I'm worried they will blow away. And it is hurling it down so not inclined to recover them if they do take off

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Sowed some Autumn Calabrese in cells in the greenhouse/

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    I've only just sown my pre chitted Telephone peas into guttering so it'll be a week or two before they'll be ready to go in the ground.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Originally posted by annie8 View Post
    Anyone planted out their peas yet? I have been sowing my aldermans in the gh for a few weeks now and got really good germination from last years crop. Just starting to think about getting them out in the ground.
    Our peas are in guttering and ready to go out, they'll be going into the brassica cage as soon as the kale's finished. Last year they went out on March 23rd.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    I sowed a row of radish and two of Spring Onions, that's as brave as I'm getting with outdoor sowings yet and they are under thick fleece.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Where do you guys live that you're sowing squash already? I sowed mine in mid-April last year and they were veritable triffids by the time I planted them out in mid-May.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Sowed butternut squash and cucumber seeds this afternoon,

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Sowed courgettes, butternut squach, kabocha squash and loofa. Flower seeds at the back sowed a few days ago on orders from Director of Gardening.
    Note tweezers - essential for early thinning Click image for larger version

Name:	seeds.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	2520598 since I have almost no feeling in my fingers.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X