X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some spring onions

Comment

• A handful of raspberries for my oatmeal, not many left to ripen but I've got panty in the freezer.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        A handful of raspberries for my oatmeal, not many left to ripen but I've got panty in the freezer.
        Yes I am the same still getting a few and the ones that aren’t great I just pick and check into the bed for my wee robin friend who follows me round the garden.

Comment

• Annie I also have a robin that's always under my feet in the garden, if i hold out the compost bin lid he jumps down and takes worms.

Mixed lettuce, chives then some spinach to go in this evenings curry.

Comment

• I 'm quite amazed with what I brought home today. A big butternut squash (I didn't think I was going to get any this year), a handful of tomatoes, red and green peppers, rocket, varying lettuce (red and green), apples, beetroot and the very last grapes (well actually they didn't quite make it all the way home as my husband got to them in the car).

Comment

• Spinach, coriander and tomatoes (for tonight's curry )
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Calabrese, a cauliflower, some parsnips and the last 4 leeks.

Comment

• Just lettuce and chives to go on a lunch time sandwich

Comment

• Fennel.
                    The bulbs were a bit small as the first sewing got attacked by slugs. The second sewing was fertilized with dead slugs as I had no choice with the pellets the second time.
                    Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Spinach to go in a wrap then parsnips, JA's and herbs for this evenings casserole.

Comment

• Bulb fennel, radicchio, rocket, black kale, apples, parsley and tomatoes (amazed outside toms survived the frost and we're still harvesting )
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• One small onion (I'd missed it when clearing the onion bed a while back) and 35 celery plants.

When I sowed the celery seed, it all germinated. I had a bit of spare space in a bed so I planted out all the seedlings thinking I'd eat some of them while small and leave the rest for growing on. Well, it turns out celery grows a lot quicker than I can consume it! Consequently, I started taking some into work each week for other celery lovers. Since there's likely to be a frost in a couple of weeks time, I asked if anyone wanted a bagful for freezing for soup so I'll be taking most of it to work tomorrow. There are still another 25 celery plants in the ground so I'll need to do the same next week. I've got a feeling I may have planted too much celery!

Comment

• I harvested some spinach that produced next to nothing in the summer.
                            There was quite a respectable amount of slug hole free leaves.
                            Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• At home, the last of my Christmas Pippin apples.
                              At the allotment, kale, tenderstem broccoli, a massive (half kilo) beetroot, some leeks, and about a dozen peppers.

I'm surprised how well the pepper plants are still plodding along, outside in mid-November. A few of them have some minor frost damage to the tips, but by and large they are completely fine, the fruit are still gradually ripening (admittedly rather slowly now), and a few of them are even still trying to flower and set new fruit (not that they'll come to anything).

Comment

• Originally posted by Plot70 View Post
                                I harvested some spinach that produced next to nothing in the summer.
                                There was quite a respectable amount of slug hole free leaves.
                                I've noticed that with my Spinach, i picked a fair bit yesterday to go in wraps.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X