Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomatoes STILL green - will they eventually redden?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
    Poor guy must think I completely lost my plot
    If you lost your plot where would you keep your green house?

Comment

Green Plum Tomatoes

Help...... I've got 10 lovely plants over at the allotment, full of very large and healthy looking GREEN tomatoes....but with this weather (down South, been pouring with rain for two days solid....or so it feels!) what do you think the chances are of them ripening up on the vines still??? I guess we've got a good 4 weeks (hopefully more!) until the first frosts start touching down. OR, should I be pulling up the plants and hanging them somewhere to ripen (does this work with toms??) or like the above suggestions, stick them in a drawer to ripen??? They are my 'sauce/souping' toms and I'd rather given up with them as they've crawled on their hands and knees through the summer but are now looking fab as the weather is turning colder!

Comment

or make green tomato chutney!

Comment

Originally posted by LolaLou View Post
          Help...... I've got 10 lovely plants over at the allotment, full of very large and healthy looking GREEN tomatoes....but with this weather (down South, been pouring with rain for two days solid....or so it feels!) what do you think the chances are of them ripening up on the vines still??? I guess we've got a good 4 weeks (hopefully more!) until the first frosts start touching down. OR, should I be pulling up the plants and hanging them somewhere to ripen (does this work with toms??) or like the above suggestions, stick them in a drawer to ripen??? They are my 'sauce/souping' toms and I'd rather given up with them as they've crawled on their hands and knees through the summer but are now looking fab as the weather is turning colder!
          As you're dahn sahf I'd say you've got time yet. Keep an eye on the forecast, if it looks like it's gonna be frosty get em in and hang upside down in the garage. It apparently works.

Comment

I'm dahn sahf as well and have brought most of my toms inside now to ripen off, pretty cold out there in the evenings now.
            AKA Angie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X