X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hrumphhhhhh lazy sod

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
      your mum was referring to Cabbage patch babies, this is new generation thing - in my day is was gooseberry bushes
      so now we in another generation~.do you think it's worth checking under the raspberries!!???really can't be bothered with the whole 9 month thing!!LOL
      re the plasters~as Lynda says we need photographic proof now!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

if they came under raspberries i'd have a housefull ....... i didn't like the putting 3 1/2 stone on,puking for 6 months, then getting high blood pressure and being confined to bed for the last 3 lol ....... and worst of all ........ i couldn't get in my jeans ...... so one was definitely enough lol

Comment

I was a slow learner, went through it 3 times, only 2 years apart. Mind you, each time I ended up weighing less after the birth than before, but put it back on when I was feeding them With the middle son I put on a grand total of 11lb, and he weighed in at 9lb 2oz! It was more like a stone with my daughter, and she was 9lb 4oz. Gave up after 3, first son was a respectable 7lb 12oz, then they kept getting bigger, I'd have ended up with elephants! (Might have been hard to get them under gooseberry bushes )
          I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
          Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Demeter View Post
            I believed it too

And me! Gits. The lot of you. I hope the tomato plant recovers, then you'll all be eating Humble Pie. If you've seen actual Humble Pie, you will NOT want to eat it!

Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if it DID work! Perhaps with a bit of rooting powder to help the xylem/phloem grow and fuse.....hmmmm...some experiments needed here I think...

Comment

Tomato plants are rather tough, once the stem gets thick; one of mine fell over (whilst I was away- plant-waterer hadn't noticed! Hmph!) so I staked it upright , so that the split part was nearly straight again.

A week later, it's still looking perfectly happy despite the gaping splits in the stem. There must still be enough undamaged stringy bits to carry up the water(anyone know the proper name for the stringy bits, by the way?)

So a plaster to hold it together might not be so daft . . although it might encourage rot if it holds in damp. How about a plaster cast?

Comment

Plaster idea not so weird . . one of my toms fell over whilst I was away ( went unnoticed by the plant-waterer, hmph!). I staked it upright, and a week later it's still perfectly healthy despite the gaping splits in the stem.

There must still be enough intact stringy bits to carry the water up. ( Anyone know the correct term for the stringy bits?)

Prob'ly best not to wrap anything round the stem though, it could get damp & cause rot.

Comment

took me a couple of weeks but...

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                  and photos of the join? lol
                  The other day I took a picture of the plant with its plaster on. The top I snapped off was only about a foot or less, so you can see how much it has grown since it was mended! And you can also see that the wound has healed and the plaster has "grown" with the plant to expose the scar. Have taken plaster off now, since it has clearly done its job.

Last edited by Demeter; 16-07-2008, 08:04 PM.
                  Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

awwwwww bless i'm glad it worked though ....... i shall now be snapping plants to see how many it works on ...... i really do need to get a life

Comment

It could be worse - my one and only summer squash plant that survived, which had its first squsah almost ready to eat, got munched by something other than us between Tuesday night and last night. And not only did that creature eat more than half of that baby squash, it also ate out the growing tip of the plant so the male flowers left will bloom but there were no female flowers so I won't have any squashes this summer!!! And that was one of my big experiments that I was really looking forward to.........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X