No announcement yet.

And now, me pumpkin fell orf :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a look at the pumpkin this morning and took off the first few fruits just in case they had not set. The plants are now about ten foot long and there are male and female flowers open so should now get a good set. Am trying to get a bigger one this year so will only grow 2 per plant. Best I got last year was a 30 lb which by pumpkin standards was pretty miserable.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
      think April 1st hun and you'll be fine. Nothing wrong with gullible - we all are to some degree or other about something or other
      Always prefer the term "trusting"!makes you sound a little less thick!!LOL
      As for april 1st~that'd be the day i lock myself in a room with no tv/papers or any communication from the outside world till it's all over!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

my mother didn't tell me nuffink except that my Sis came from a gooseberry bush - which is why I garden so much ...... I can't tell you how damaged I am
        yes but how did I get under the Gooseberry bush in the first place that's what I'd like to know
        Regards
        Lady Jana Muck

Comment

dunno Sis, I wasn't there
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

I found my one gooseberry under our gooseberry bush last week...

Comment

think April 1st hun and you'll be fine. Nothing wrong with gullible - we all are to some degree or other about something or other
              you mean it isn't true ????????????????????? flippin heck i believed it ...... you mean people on here tell porkies

anyway good news they have been out in the sun today, and 2 of the cases of the seeds have split, and peeped their heads out of the compost ........ we may have a halloween pumpkin yet
              Last edited by lynda66; 01-07-2008, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                I found my one gooseberry under our gooseberry bush last week...
                wot no Sister??! oh nooo - do you want to borrow my counsellor?
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

one child was enough, thats why i never grew gooseberries ....... that and the fact they are foul lol

Comment

so do babies really come from gooseberry bushes!!??my mum always told me the cabbage patch!!>>had a feeling she was fibbing!!
                    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

your mum was referring to Cabbage patch babies, this is new generation thing - in my day is was gooseberry bushes
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                        you mean it isn't true ????????????????????? flippin heck i believed it ...... you mean people on here tell porkies

anyway good news they have been out in the sun today, and 2 of the cases of the seeds have split, and peeped their heads out of the compost ........ we may have a halloween pumpkin yet
                        I believed it too
                        It was on a thread about cucumbers
                        http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blem_8214.html

I still firmly believe it, and won't be persuaded otherwise until be tomato plant keels over and dies (it's still fine today though lol, plaster and all...)
                        Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Yeah and they all sounded so genuine too

Comment

I'll keep you posted on the tomato...
                            Promise I won't lie

Comment

and photos of the join? lol

Comment

if I can be arsed!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X