No announcement yet.

Come on then! How are those parsnips?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on your parsnip, I hope mine do as well.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

It's hilarious - I only did it because everyone was talking about them, it was "if you can't beat 'em..."

I think they're horrible things personally, but my mother will be delighted!

Just goes to show, vegetables can't tell that you hate them

Comment

we sowed ours direct in a raised bed....great full crop growing...planted another row 3 weeks ago and they are all coming thru...must be the great cumbrian weather lol

Comment

I've got 7! Had to sow twice and think I used the whole packet eventually! lol

They are big now - about 2 foot of leaves. Hope they not forked - most of the carrots were, Iguess I wasn't as vigilent with the stones removal as I thought.

janeyo

Comment

Mine were great ... I pulled four Big Uns up y'day ... good size, a bit of forking; but only to be expected in our horribly stony soil (they were started in loo rolls)
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I am rather ashamed, somehow... there I am with perfectly adequate parsnips, hating the things, and there are people who love them and who have strived for years to grow them and got diddly-squat.

Remember, though, that those who can grow broad beans, pak choi or chinese cabbage earn my very highest commendation... mine are constantly pathetic!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X