• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sown french bean blue lake.
    More Dwarf french bean kingshorn wax.
    More cabbage red drumhead.

Comment

• Sown yesterday - butternut squash “Hercules”, courgette “black beauty”, red pepper “corno di torro Rosso”, radish “french breakfast”, beetroot “boltardy” and “Chioggia”, pumpkin “crown prince”

Comment

• Re sown Atkins stuffing tomato & peace vine tomato. First batch has not played nicely at all.

Comment

• I was cleaning the kitchen corner about a month ago & there were a few loose flattish seeds that I tidied away (there’s always seeds in that corner where I’ve lost the packet & they’re in pots etc,but one seed somehow ended up in the washing up bowl overnight,the opposite side of the kitchen,I cleaned it & planted it & it’s grown into this,it might be pumpkin it’s quite exciting

Click image for larger version

Name:	59B39D85-4AA2-4F02-B159-87056D6BE07A.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	375.5 KB
ID:	2386790

Comment

• Yesterday sowed herbs in pots. Chervil,my namesake and parsley. The parsley was Mr F’s Optigro. It looks as though it is stirring already. Unlike the seed I sowed a month ago.
            Also sowed parsnip at allotment. Fresh seed 2 x 5’ rows.

Comment

• Yesterday- last of the spuds in and sown carrots, beetroot and lettuce. peas soaking...
              V.P.
              The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• Today- aforementioned Calibra peas, chard, kales, collards, perpetual spinach and proper spinach, sunflowers, welsh onions, turnips.
                V.P.
                The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• Yesterday tall telephone peas and a pinch of spring onions.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Planted two types of carrot and some bolt hardy beetroot.

Comment

• Hello all!

What can i sow between my onion set rows?

I feel like it's a lot of wasted ground space and covering it with something will help suppress weeds. Advice welcome!

Comment

• Originally posted by .commander View Post
                        Hello all!

What can i sow between my onion set rows?

I feel like it's a lot of wasted ground space and covering it with something will help suppress weeds. Advice welcome!
                        I sow quick growing crops like lettuce and radish, they won't take too much nutrients away and are eaten before they get in the way of the main crop.

Comment

• Just sowed some Parsnips and peas in the raised beds, under fleece still as it still gets cold at night.

Comment

• The last 15 telephone peas germinated so they've been sown in loo rolls as spares rather than in guttering like the rest.

Comment

• Does anyone have a link to the website where you put in your postcode and it gives you times to sow?

Comment

• Originally posted by .commander View Post
                                Does anyone have a link to the website where you put in your postcode and it gives you times to sow?
                                There's others out there but this is the one I use https://www.gardenfocused.co.uk/index.php

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X