Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spuds piccolo star in plastic sack as were getting wrinkled. Had already done one container of Casablanca. More leeks in a small pot. Carrots royal chantenay 2 in plastic trough in garden.

Comment

• Sowed some white turnip seed which I had forgotten about.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Courgettes - Zucchini and All Green Bush
        DFBs - Primel and Golddukat
        Cucumber - Beth Alpha
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 26-03-2020, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Yesterday I sowed ten varieties of tomato - mountain princess,speckled roman,black cherry,aranyalma,black krim,black icicle,orange banana,moskowsi ultra skorospelyi,German lunchbox & brown sugar. Theres still about twenty more varieties to sow maybe tomorrow..

Comment

• Sowed some purple cauliflower seeds - Di Sicilia Violetto and potted up one big tray of Oca that were beginning to sprout.

Comment

• have sown lollo rosso into raised bed and some curly kale.
              Tomatoes, chillies, Kelvedon wonder peas and some marigolds in pots indoors to start them off.
              Potatoes are chitting. Jazzy and Charlotte. I also have pink fir apple to go in later.
              I bought seed potatoes online this year (for obvious reasons) and have far more than usual. I usually plant them in Morrisonks buckets as that is easier for me to harvest. Will also grow a row or 2 in the veg garden too.

Comment

• Coriander, and three different salad mixes (one lettuce mix, one Asian greens mix and one spicy mix).

Comment

• Put some more pea seeds on damp paper to sprout. I noticed that my gutter of peas was rather patchy, and upon investigation it seems some of them have rotted...

Put my melon, water melon, and cucumber seeds on damp paper to sprout.

Comment

• All in modules - 3 varieties of leafs, 2 varieties of celery, aubergines, 2 varieties of beets, turnip

Earlier in the week (Mass sown in one pot each) - Welsh Onions, Red Onions, and 2 varieties of leeks
                    Cheers

Danny

Comment

• Lots of stuff coming up in the new greenhouse
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Sown today
                        Purple sprouting broccoli
                        Brussels sprouts Brest, red ball & Montgomery
                        Cabbage golden acre, January king, April & red drumhead
                        Cauliflower romanesco
                        Leek Lyon
                        Onion Red Baron
                        Carrots rainbow mix, Nantes, James scarlet intermediate, purple dragon, purple sun & autumn king.

Comment

• Today was
                          2 varieties of spring onions
                          Mixed salad leaves
                          Swiss chard bright lights.

Comment

• Beetroot (Boltardy and a mixed colour pack), spring onions, runner beans, climbing beans (a bit early, but hoping to get a slightly earlier crop), two varieties of chard (Bright Lights and Silver), and some crystal lemon cucumbers. Goodness only knows if I'll be rotating jobs in August (and if I am, whether it will be possible to move house), so I thought I might as well get some cucumbers on the go in case I'm stuck here.
                            Last edited by self-contained; 29-03-2020, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Tomatoes sowed on the 26th are germinating,I just sowed some more varieties -taiko,German red strawberry,blush,sallisaw cafe,pantano,black mauri,urbikany,chocolate cherry,cuore de bue,black & brown boar & blaby special.

Comment

• Potted up my sprouting melon seeds today. I put them on damp tissue 48 hours ago, and when I looked at them today the roots were over an inch long. Jesus, they grow fast.

Still no signs of life from the watermelon or cucumber seeds, though. They were my last cucumber seeds, so I may need to buy some more...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X