Clear All

• ameno
    replied
    French beans
    Potatoes
    Tomatoes
    A beetroot
    Tenderstem broccoli
    6 massive Williams pears (averaged 270g each). Three of the six fell off in the strong winds a couple days ago, so I figured the rest were probably ready to pick, too, and they certainly came off easily. Now I just need to ripen them for a week or two indoors.
    Last edited by ameno; 23-08-2020, 04:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    More raspberries, blackberries and some apples before I got rained of.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    I lifted the last of my onions, not very good sizes this year, I grew Ailsa Craig from seed, next year I am back to my Mammoth ones, Red ones from Robinsons they just seem to do better somehow.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Yesterday I picked french beans, peas, tomatoes, cucumber, courgettes, strawberries and my first pepper (green). Also a neighbour gave me a cauliflower, a cabbage and half a dozen chillies.
    Sweetcorn still not ready!

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Victoria Plums, climbing and runner beans and...finally I have RIPE TOMATOES!!!!! Black Cherry first to ripen. Delicious.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Don't forget to photograph some for the Virtual show...........................

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Yesterday Potatoes, toms, courgettes, cucs, parsley, blackberries and raspberries.

Today more raspberries and apples, will be getting lettuce and toms later.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Dug up four 'shyes' of Elfie tatties which gave me a large carrier bag full. Not as much keel slug damage as I expected, which was good.Also gathered a bag of dwarf french beans.
    Sowed pointy and ball headed spring cabbage once I had raked the soil the spuds came out of.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Sweetcorn.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Dug up the last of the potatoes and onions today. Also picked tomatoes, cucumber, courgettes, french beans, peas and courgettes.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Potatoes
    Tomatilloes
    Tomatoes
    Strawberries and raspberries
    A few French beans. They've past their first peak and cropping has dropped off almost completely, sadly. There are new flowers coming, though, so hopefully they'll be going strong again in a couple weeks time.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    A huuuge pan of French beans , some sad looking strawberries and a handful of raspberries.
    Change of menu tonight methinks!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Beetroot, lettuce, cucumber, spring onion,courgette

Leave a comment:

• Chippy Minton
    replied
    Radish, calabrese, french beans, cabbage, spuds

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Plums. This is nearly the last of them, and sadly wasps have discovered them, too.

Also finished cleaning up my onion harvest ready for storage. Came to just over 24kg in the end. Pretty good from an area no more than 3 square metres.
    I hope they keep well...
    Last edited by ameno; 16-08-2020, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X