Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if Lemon Drop seedlings are naturally more leggy than SB/Habs? All started off at the same time, but the LD’s are a good inch taller and growing by the day.

Maybe I started them off too early given they aren’t as hot as the others?

Comment

They are definitely spindly as they grow older, there is lots of info out there about how gangly they get. And yes my seedlings are slightly taller than my orange habs too

Comment

Thanks Dave much appreciated!!

Some light reading this afternoon me thinks!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C7A0CB51-D238-48E5-A351-40A89DA4EB48.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	2386112

My current seedlings home. One of the trays is going up to my dad next weekend and have some Red Habaneros and Jalapeño yet to germinate which I showed earlier this week

Comment

Anxiously waiting.

Five out of the ten seeds I sowed on the eigth have now germinated. Still waiting for annuum Joes Long, chinense Carolina Reaper and one of the annuum Cayennes.

Hopefully, this week end I'll start a fresh batch and do the tomatoes as well.

I get quite anxious waiting for seeds that I've only sown one of per pot. Something like antihhrinum or digitalis don't cause any worry, because who cares about the odd few hundred out of several thousand seeds??
            Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post
              Five out of the ten seeds I sowed on the eigth have now germinated. Still waiting for annuum Joes Long, chinense Carolina Reaper and one of the annuum Cayennes.

Hopefully, this week end I'll start a fresh batch and do the tomatoes as well.

I get quite anxious waiting for seeds that I've only sown one of per pot. Something like antihhrinum or digitalis don't cause any worry, because who cares about the odd few hundred out of several thousand seeds??
              Stop panicking about your reaper super hots can take a long time to germinate. My record so far is 42 days!
              Are they in a heated propagator or somewhere warm like an airing cupboard?

Comment

Padron
                Sivri Biber
                Cayenne
                Lemon drop
                Fresno

Although I never cook more than 1/8th of a chilli. I am a wimp <sigh>
                V.P.
                The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Vegi potager View Post
                  I never cook more than 1/8th of a chilli. I am a wimp <sigh>
                  It’s possible to increase your tolerance by eating them regularly. Since growing them I’ve gone from tikka masala to madras on the Indian restaurant scale.

Mind you last year we did end up with quite a few eye-wateringly hot meals as I grew various superhots. Dialling back on the heat levels this year.
                  Last edited by Mitzi; 25-01-2020, 01:11 AM.

Comment

I have just sown in my propagated Trinidad perfume, poblanos, padrons, scotch bonnets, jalapeños, big suns and antiallais. All from South Devon Chilli Farm. Got one of their big strings of red chillies for Christmas. Absolutely beautiful!

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                      Stop panicking about your reaper super hots can take a long time to germinate. My record so far is 42 days!
                      Are they in a heated propagator or somewhere warm like an airing cupboard?
                      They're cooking away at a steady 27°C in a heated propagator. Yes they often take longer, but it's still an anxious wait.
                      Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Sowed this morning Basket Of Fire, Hot Lemon, and Zimbabwe Black
                        Cheers

Danny

Comment

• I read in a magazine that it’s possible to grow Aji Limon in a hanging basket. Has anyone tried this? Could be a useful space saver

Comment

• Hmm, I think it's too big? Mine grow about 3ft high and are quite wide straggly/sprawling plants.
                            Mitzi may know better as she keeps her plants small and grows in pop bottles.
                            Though personally I think you would be watering lots.
                            Last edited by Scarlet; 29-01-2020, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• I agree with Scarlet. There are much better varieties suited to hanging baskets.

Comment

• Originally posted by FromYorkshiretoBucks View Post
                                I read in a magazine that it’s possible to grow Aji Limon in a hanging basket. Has anyone tried this? Could be a useful space saver
                                There are several plants called Aji Limon, I believe. This most common is a baccatum which is also called Lemon Drop. Like PPs have said, it's a big straggly plant and I can't imagine it being happy in a hanging basket. Another Aji Limon is a chinense and I don't know enough about that one to know its growth habits.

I've no experience of growing chillies in baskets - I'd be worried about them drying out - but if I tried, it would be with one of the more compact varieties like basket of fire (obvs), Chenzo, Filius Blue etc. The only baccatum I've grown that was OK in a small pot was Aji Omnicolour. Not that I've grown all that many, but most of them are big gangling plants.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X