X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms-T
    replied
    Originally posted by ameno View Post
    The first of my outdoor chillis is starting to colour up now. It's changing colour pretty fast in this hot weather, so I reckon it should be ripe by about Wednesday.
    what sort are they.?

Leave a comment:

• Ms-T
    replied
    "Without thinking, I chopped up a large, ripe, Yellow Seven Pot and threw it iinto tonight's gumbo for the three of us. That left a bit of an after taste! "

Are the other two still talking to you. ..lol

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    The first of my outdoor chillis is starting to colour up now. It's changing colour pretty fast in this hot weather, so I reckon it should be ripe by about Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rand
    replied
    I guess it might depend on just how green they are? If they're very young they can be rather bitter. I find it's nice to catch them before they get particularly hot, so they can be used as a straight salad vegetable.

Without thinking, I chopped up a large, ripe, Yellow Seven Pot and threw it iinto tonight's gumbo for the three of us. That left a bit of an after taste!

It was quite nice though...

Leave a comment:

• Ms-T
    replied
    I find they leave a not nice after taste. i know some people like them.....and i find jalapeņos hard to grow. don't why.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rand
    replied
    Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
    i always leave mine to change colour , i dont like green peppers or chillies
    Green jalapeņos can be quite pleasant as a salad vegetable.

Leave a comment:

• Ms-T
    replied
    i always leave mine to change colour , i dont like green peppers or chillies

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    I harvest all the colours for different meals, green chillies often get sliced on top of a pizza, by thinning a few off the plants, I get bigger and better red ones for adding to a curry or a con carne.

Leave a comment:

• ghexton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ms-T View Post

why take it down.?
    to make some lovely chilli, however the reason i was unsure is i have been using a few smaller green one early and they arent very punchy.
    More of a pepper taste than chilli.

Leave a comment:

• Ms-T
    replied
    ghexton....sorry missed your post ..posting at the same time.lol

i would take it off...if i was saving the seeds then i would leave it on for longer.

why take it down.?

Leave a comment:

• ghexton
    replied
    Ms-T Not sure if you talking to me or not.
    They're in chillis grows, plenty or water and feed.
    Think i will tear it down soon and make a chilli end this/next week.

Leave a comment:

• Ms-T
    replied
    How big are the pots ?
    Have you changed the food / composts / have they had enough water.
    Are they your own saved seed ?

Leave a comment:

• ghexton
    replied
    I now have large big red jim. is he okay to harvest?
    Or if i leave him longer will he get hotter?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• SimpleSimon
    replied
    Does anyone have any idea how I might resolve the issue of my habenero and related chilli plants from producing ripe fruit the size of a pea? My orange Hab produced loads, which I would have thought is quite early for a habenero so just rover them all. Now my bahmanian goat is doing the same. And also my choc hab plants. They look far healthier and bushier than they did this time last year but last year I got loads of nice sized pods.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    I'm afraid both of those suggestions rather assume a finite number of slugs or snails.
    Alas, I am not so blessed. Where I am, slugs are like the Hydra - kill one, and another immediately appears to take its place. I went out at 5am a few weeks ago and killed over 200 of the things. It helped for all of about 5 days, then things went back to normal.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X