• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	1E9A5566-6985-44A5-A9CA-E25FC5134E02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	2382719
    Not quite ready yet! Looking forward to picking!

Comment

Originally posted by Marmande View Post

(How do I add photos, btw?)
      Have a read here:
      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...oid_94344.html

If you get stuck - post a question in that thread and we will give you a hand.

Comment

I'll be turning mine into chutney as soon as my wax discs arrive in the post.

Comment

Been eating ours for 3 weeks - delicious. Hi

Comment

Mine is only just peeking through the ground so guess it is later rhubarb.

Comment

Since my pic on 20/02/19 the Triffid has again gone rampant. Six hefty stalks to lovely neighbour who makes pies and its now ready for another pick.
              As I can’t get a pic on here(it’s an apple/site thing I think) my Triffid is about this big (holds arms wide to furthest extent) by this big (holds arms horizontally) by this (use your imagination as I’m getting bored).
              Not bad for a 50p bargain at a village show three years ago.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                Since my pic on 20/02/19 the Triffid has again gone rampant. Six hefty stalks to lovely neighbour who makes pies and its now ready for another pick.
                As I can’t get a pic on here(it’s an apple/site thing I think) my Triffid is about this big (holds arms wide to furthest extent) by this big (holds arms horizontally) by this (use your imagination as I’m getting bored).
                Not bad for a 50p bargain at a village show three years ago.
                In the last week I have managed to ins a way to post pictures on this site as I have an iPhone and macs at one . Ok so I got my husband to work out how and tell me. Anyway my pictures are too big so what I do is attach them to an email and send them to myself. Before the email sends it asks what size I want to send it and I pick small or medium. Then I save the photo from the email and attach to a post. Sounds a bit of a faff but seems to work.

Comment

My two are growing well but I'm not cropping any of it this year as they're both just babies Got both in 9cm pots last summer and thy're currently in a much larger pot until I sort out a permanent bed for them
                  Last edited by Gillykat; 21-03-2019, 06:37 PM.
                  If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Did I............

Click image for larger version

Name:	8A0C9D42-AE2B-424D-901A-8CB93A47070B.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	2382747

Whey hey Thank you.
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Mine are barely a lump above the soil! One of them was definitely marked as being an early (possibly Timperly Early) so pretty sure it was wrongly labelled! My lottie neighbour's plant is huge already!!! He has promised me a bit next time he splits it though! I have rhubarb envy.
                      If it ain't broke...fix it til it is!

Comment

i had 3 new plants the other year,moved 1,thought it was a gonna,it is just showing dark pink bits,the others were rotted,who says you cannot kill a rhubarb,got 2 more tother day,so another year without.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

First pick done yesterday with the little one. 18 months and already learning not to eat the leaves. I pulled the first up and cut the leaf off telling her we don't eat the leaves because they'll make us poorly. Pulled next couple up and passed them to her, she refused to take em and kept pointing at the leaves saying "off off" until I took leaves off.
                          Now let's see if she remembers.

Comment

^^^^^ Love it.
                            .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Mine are all finally showing
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                                i had 3 new plants the other year,moved 1,thought it was a gonna,it is just showing dark pink bits,the others were rotted,who says you cannot kill a rhubarb,got 2 more tother day,so another year without.
                                went to clear a NEW boarder near chicken coop,and there is a clump of it coming into life,now this area WAS forked over and nothing there,till now,it is to deep to get out just now,so will have to erect a shield up so the hens do not peck,just goes to show eh.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X