No announcement yet.

Anyones rhubarb starting showing yet..?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was gifted a ‘split’ off a crown from 4 different plot holders, and each are showing... very happy

Comment

My rubbarb has been showing for the past two days, but it will be getting lifted shortly as I will be moving it to an other bed
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

My Victoria sown last year from seed is now about 1 inch high new growth.
        Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

Mine died back completely last year and no sign of it yet. Is in the shade though. Am hoping it hasn't died.

Comment

I would doubt its died,it is vey hard to kill rhubarb its still very early yet...im certain you will see some life in the coming weeks....!!

Comment

Both plants are up about 4 inches.

They take turns on being forced under an old water tank.
              Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Just a couple of buds bursting on mine so not worried yet, its too early for the Midlands and I'm thinking of relocating it to Plot 2 where all my fruit bushes are. The variety is called XXL and as it suggests grows to a big plant so thinking its probably in need of a better location with more room to expand.
                The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Just a couple of buds on one of the plants.
                  I have several, but historically mine seem to suffer from crown rot no matter what I do with them.
                  At least I have one so far which has survived! ...it could be my Timperley Early.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Nothing here...
                    He-Pep!

Comment

I used to have 6 Poulton's Pride plants, but they rotted in their first or second winters, all except for the one that was always the saddest weakest plant, which is somehow still struggling on with its 3 leaves on 2 inch stems each year. I can't recommend it. Sorry, DT Brown.

I have a decent variety of 10 plants now - Champagne, Glaskin's Perpetual, Poulton's Pride, Red Raspberry, Timperley Early, Valentine, 2 Victoria, 2 unknown old giants that we inherited - in 4 different locations, including 2 in a polytunnel that grow insanely fast, so I hope to spread the season a little, and also make a lot of jam.

Comment

I have, what I lovingly call The Triffid. Don't know what variety it is as I paid 50p at a village fete about 4 years ago. Since then it's been moved 4 times including to a completely new garden. It gets hugeeee.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0293.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	2382358
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Here are some of mine - how many can you spot?

Name:	100_0216.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	2382364

This one's easy - it's 1.

Name:	100_0215.JPG
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	2382365

Comment

I have a few. Some haven't made any signs of life yet. This one is always the earliest

Name:	6C4E7585-C20D-4548-91B8-B2F8E83A03A9.jpg
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	2382366

Comment

Buds been showing for a couple of weeks.
                              I am still eating surplus from last year(freezer)
                              Feed the soil, not the plants.
                              (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
                              Bob

Comment

I had some which I brought from my old plot last year and just dumped on the surface ready to plant. It stood out all winter and it was only because I spied a few buds forming that I decided to plant it last week.

Its usually pretty hardy so I have high hopes for it in its new position.
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X