X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you mean to post a photo?

Comment

• Eh yes. Sorry.

Been thinking about compost for next few months. Is there anything I should know about what compost mix chillis like to grow in? Click image for larger version

Name:	A6739DEE-15F8-411F-99C8-07747845CA93.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	2382854
      Last edited by annie8; 30-03-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by annie8 View Post
        Eh yes. Sorry.

Been thinking about compost for next few months. Is there anything I should know about what compost mix chillis like to grow in? [ATTACH=CONFIG]85844[/ATTACH]
        I always add perlite and chicken manure pellets when potting up for the final time.
        1 part perlite 2 parts ( or 3, depending how much perlite I have ) compost. Chicken manure pellets depends on what size pot they're going in.

Comment

• Do you not get much frost SP? I had two frosts this week!! Some plants that I covered in newspaper still got hit. My GH is in a very open site
          Last edited by Scarlet; 30-03-2019, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• I'm desperate to pot on my over wintered chillies and get them out in my GH....but -1°c forecast for Wednesday

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Do you not get much frost SP? I had two frosts this week!! Some plants that I covered in newspaper still got hit. My GH is in a very open site
              Don't get a lot of frost. Not had a frost since the chillies went out to the tunnel. Think we're supposed to get snow this week. Will have to keep an eye on them then!

Comment

• They're doing OK in the tunnel. Plenty of time for things to go horribly wrong. But I'm pleased so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	2382875

Comment

• Maybe being cautious but I have not put my chilies outside at all yet. Also I am already lugging all my tomatoes outside for the day and back in at night. They are all looking good I think getting enough light and growing well. After all this work am not keen to lose them to the frost and my greenhouse is still getting down pretty low at nights.

Comment

• Have you guys been feeding your new chilli seedlings yet. Mine are fine but not exactly shooting up.

Comment

• Not yet. They had an extra boost with being potted on. I don't start feeding till they are in the tunnel I don't want them getting to big in the house.

Comment

• Fair enough. They just seem to be growing so much slower than my tomatoes. Am just sitting out in the garden having a cup of tea. Lovely day if you are out of the wind.

Comment

• Originally posted by annie8 View Post
                          Fair enough. They just seem to be growing so much slower than my tomatoes. Am just sitting out in the garden having a cup of tea. Lovely day if you are out of the wind.
                          If your chillies start growing at the same pace as your tomatoes be very very scared .

Comment

• Look more chilli pictures
                            On the whole they're do well. I've lost a couple. A lot less than I was expecting, after putting them out so early.

Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	2383159

This lot are either looking a bit special or still tiny. I'm very confused about the tiny ones. I don't understand why they haven't moved hardly at all since germination.
                            I might stick them into bigger pots. That usually encourages more growth.

Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	2383160

Comment

• Potted up all my very small mystery chillies. And I've ear marked 9 others that are starting to look a bit special. There's a couple that I potted up this morning that could be good ones, but waiting till they are a bit bigger.

Comment

• All my chillis now in individual small pots. I’m not sure how to spot the potential special ones though. Slight variations in leaf shape and some still pretty small but otherwise very similar. Mind you I’m no chilli expert! Will have to see how they develop a bit more.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X