Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always give a few away...a little pack gifted on Friday.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	D7A748BF-120A-4C5E-ACBE-F8371E36F4B9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	2384953

And a load for roasting.

Name:	2D5D45F7-5B38-4C8E-A72E-C83D519661FB.jpg
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	2384954

Comment

Originally posted by Vegi potager View Post
      Marmande- Grown the last 3 years, will have to make way for one of the above (lose)
      ? another large marmande type for salads and slicing. Has a reasonable yields and more pink in appearance will be taste testing today for lunch (possible keeper)
      Pantano is like a bigger, more productive Marmande. So if you lose the Marmande, that might make some space for you... It's red in colour, so not the one you've marked with a ?

Comment

Thanks Snoop, had a money off voucher so have been on line and got myself some Pantano seeds for next year. Sitting on my hands so I don't go too crazy with the online shopping basket.

After a week of neglect I have just been out and harvested about 5kg of toms. The first of the san marzano, mama 4 and coeur di bue, chocolate cherry and red pear are ready, and a load of the cherry toms practically fell off into the bowl.
        V.P.
        The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

Thanks Snoop, had a money off voucher so have been on line and got myself some Pantano seeds for next year. Sitting on my hands so I don't go too crazy with the online shopping basket
          Why don't you save some seed and join one of our seed circles? You will probably g t enough seed in one cherry tomato?

Comment

Rose de Berne

Regular leaf indeterminate. Good yields of medium to medium-large rosy pink fruit. Very juicy and excellent in taste. Bit of blossom end rot, but the flying ants were having a party in this pot earlier in the year and probably interfered with the water holding capability of the potting mix.
            Attached Files

Comment

I've never tried that and it looks lovely!!

Comment

been exploring and found a website that sells 215 varieties of tomato seed! So summer cider and pink berkley tiedye are in the post... I feel the overtime calling.

https://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/
                V.P.

Comment

Cosmonaut Volkov

Regular leaf indeterminate. Decent yields of medium to large fruit. Good taste, quite tangy, will give it another go when I don't still have the taste of toothpaste in my mouth.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice size...how big a crop on the plant?

Comment

been exploring and found a website that sells 215 varieties of tomato seed! So summer cider and pink berkley tiedye are in the post... I feel the overtime calling.

https://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/
                      You'll have more varieties to try than you can grow when you receive your tomato seed circle seeds!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Nice size...how big a crop on the plant?
                        Getting about 4 fruit of variable size per truss. There are 8 flowers per truss but half of them are still at the tiny fruitlet stage, seemingly pollinated but just not doing much. It is supposed to be a high yielding plant.

Comment

After several days of neglect I went out on Saturday and came back in with 2kg of various cherries and another 2kg of larger salad and sauce toms.

All the ones that were heading over to overripe or split due to my heavy handedness when picking went straight in the pot along with all the san marzano and big mamas just saving a few marmande and cour di bue for slicing. Cooked them all down with just olive oil for 1 1/2 hours and sieved it all. Fantastic flavour even without salt, garlic or herbs.

So fantastic passatta; sundried sweet aperitif and sungold toms (better that any chewy sweets out there); pickled green tomatoes in oil, home made ketchup and superb tomato salads any day of the week. and lots more.

Decided I can't grow brassicas for toffee so more room for more tomatoes next year. Earlier problem sorted, sign me up
                          V.P.

Comment

Artisan purple bumblebee

Name:	5508C712-7FA0-450E-A15B-7BA68C811649.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	2385175
                            I did choose this variety purely on its name! It’s been quite slow to ripen it’s quite thick skinned (which I’m not too keen on) flesh is juicy flavour... it’s ok nothing compare to the others so far -not on my to try again list.

Comment

Sun baby

I'm very pleased with my Sun Baby cherry tomatoes this year.

Vigorous growth (the plants needed 2 stakes each), open pollinated, and tasty. And laden with fruit, even though I just let them do their thing and didn't pinch out etc so it ended up more bush than cordon.

They were grown outdoors, from seed saved from a plant bought last year from my local diy store.

Name:	received_496974817786025.jpg
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	2385187

Comment

Do you want to join our tomato seed circle?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X