This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halina

This is Halina, a big, juicy, well flavoured, heavy cropping, early ripening tomato that I've grown for several years. the seeds came from Nellie-m (miss you Nellie).

Photos taken 31st August 2018

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0075.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	2382031

Name:	DSCF0073.jpg
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	2382028 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0074.jpg
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	2382029
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 14-01-2019, 10:48 PM.

Comment

That's going on my grow list this year!!

Comment

Homosa

Homosa tomato - grown from HSL seeds.

Name:	DSCF0084.jpg
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	2382032

A bit nondescript!! It was OK but not outstanding in any way. I probably won't grow it again this year - maybe in a couple of years.

Comment

Megabyte

Small plant, decent sized fruit

Name:	Megabyte.jpg
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	2382035

Name:	Megabyte plant.jpg
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	2382036

The horizontal shelf bars are 18 inches off the ground and the plant is in a pot. Taste is reasonable and one plant produced upwards of 35 fruit. Quite hard to harvest as everything is very densely packed. The plant eventually grew to about 2ft high.
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Blacksea Man

Name:	DSCI0154.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	2382042

Large black, really tasty beefsteak. (4-8oz fruit)
            For me it grows better in the ground than in pots/compost, a bush that grows just above knee-high, with potato leaf foliage.
            Some mega-blooms which can produce cat-faced fruit, so remove those flowers if you don't like them, I don't mind
            It needs supporting with weight of fruit, so I use canes and string in a circle.

Comment

Black Icicle

Another one of my favourites!
              Thick walled oblong fruits with a nipple on the
              end. They may look like a plum tomato but the taste is exceptional. Perfect for eating fresh although is also great for cooking.

Name:	21D1C74E-D537-4F70-A39D-0330A0B7C91B.jpg
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	2384773

The plants are huge, but look droopy with the leaves hanging down limply. They will produce large amounts of tomatoes held in clusters.
              Always one of my best performers in the green house.
              Last edited by Scarlet; 30-07-2019, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Blush

I picked these yesterday. It's the first time growing these for me. I thought I should give them a whirl. Glad I did! As many of you know I find yellow toms a little bland but these are quite sweet and look lovely on the plate.

The plants seem very prolific and ripened at the same time as the small cherry toms. Very heavy crops per plant, there's dozens on each one.

Name:	72DBFA18-B683-4E22-BB22-34E84CE7E7B2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	2384778

Comment

None of my tomatoes are doing well this year. So no new pictures yet. All my pictures are on my website.
                  Deano, I don't think that summer cider is quite ripe, it goes a deeper shade of apricot and is soft to the touch. Then they're really tasty.

( Edit: I didn't realise until I'd written the reply that most of the pictures are last year.)
                  Last edited by MarkPelican; 30-07-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Just looked back at previous page.

I bought my Pantano seeds from Premier Seeds Direct. Shouldn't make a difference, but just thought I'd mention it because I'd have to be quick if I wanted to restrict them to two stems, turn your back and they've forked or grown a side shoot that's a foot long. They grow really well here. The first big sized toms to ripen and quite productive.

But as for Black Cherry... that's a no-no for me. Bleeurgh.

That Summer Cider one looks lovely, Deano.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      I picked these yesterday. It's the first time growing these for me. I thought I should give them a whirl. Glad I did! As many of you know I find yellow toms a little bland but these are quite sweet and look lovely on the plate.

The plants seem very prolific and ripened at the same time as the small cherry toms. Very heavy crops per plant, there's dozens on each one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88193[/ATTACH]
                      I think I'll try the black icicle. And blush next year. They look really nice

Comment

Originally posted by Urban View Post
                        I think I'll try the black icicle. And blush next year. They look really nice
                        I'll be saving some for the Tom circle....in return for your mega truss gardeners delight

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          Just looked back at previous page.

I bought my Pantano seeds from Premier Seeds Direct. Shouldn't make a difference, but just thought I'd mention it because I'd have to be quick if I wanted to restrict them to two stems, turn your back and they've forked or grown a side shoot that's a foot long. They grow really well here. The first big sized toms to ripen and quite productive.

But as for Black Cherry... that's a no-no for me. Bleeurgh.

That Summer Cider one looks lovely, Deano.
                          I'm a big fan of Pantano....Fabulous tasting tomato

Comment

Brilliant will look forward to them. I will be saving seeds from that truss this weekend I think.

I tried pantano a few years ago. But every tomato got blossom end rot. Might give them another go. Now I'm a bit better at growing tomatoes
                            Last edited by Urban; 31-07-2019, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88193[/ATTACH]
                              My first year growing these too. Only had one ripe one so far but it was lovely.
                              Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                              By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                              While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                              At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

The couple of Blush I've tried have just been OK. Looking at the colour of the toms in your picture though, Scarlet, I am picking them too early. Will wait until they turn more orangey to pass final judgement. The plants sucker like mad! Getting about 12 tomatoes to a truss.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X