X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sowed peas- Douce provence and cabbage Langedjik in the greenhouse

Comment

Are you sowing for growing it later in GH?

Comment

Just sown Spring onions and leeks (free trial ones) indoors.
        He-Pep!

Comment

I have fallen in love!!!

Just got back from taking young Madame up to the stables, yep! I got the best job of mucking out whilst she tacked him up and went for a good old 2hr ride, this was not in the original plan!

But all are happy, Opal the horse himself gets awarded a few mints, Scarlett walks away with a grin like a Cheshire Cat and both Dave and Lynsey the horses owner are well chuffed that there is somebody so small in weight can actually ride him since their daughter is now far to big, and he was getting fat!

I digress!

On the way home, nipped into the local GC to pick up a bag of compost, never been a lover of the more expensive stuff, added this, added that etc

But grabbed a bag of Levingtons seed compost, so light and fluffy and smells like heaven!

Yep! I'm sad! And tell ya what, I would sleep in this stuff!
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Is it levington john innes seed compost?

Comment

I have sown leeks onions and a few tomatoes. I can’t help thinking it’s a bit early but all the grapes can’t be wrong!

Comment

I have sown some salad leaves, celery, aubergines, and a few chillies and tomatoes indoors.

Comment

Sown 4 half trays of Lucky Jar Flower seeds
                  Sown one Mushroom tray thingy with Texel Greens and Dwarf Curly Kale to check whether the first leaves on curly kale are smooth or curly (as Suttons say they they're smooth).

You can never 100% trust anyone who wants to sell you something at an inflated price.

Comment

My 4 red cabbage seeds and my 8 calsbrese seeds have germinated.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Today I've really gone to town with sowings....
                      Cayenne
                      Hopscoth peppers
                      Lots of tomatoes
                      Corecole Kale 'Scarlet'
                      Purple Scalet Kale
                      Rossignol kale
                      Dwarf curly kale
                      Brussel sprouts 'Evesham special'
                      California Wonder peppers
                      Spring onion
                      Leeks
                      Onion 'Ailsa Craig'
                      Kalettes
                      Aubergines - two types (might as well use up the seeds)
                      Kohl rabi
                      Lots of chard

The compost from Wickes seems excellent - smells nice and earthy, lovely consistency. I hope it all does well. Now set out on a pasting table behind my dressing table in my bedroom!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20190127_183537.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	2382129
                      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Selymbria View Post
                        Are you sowing for growing it later in GH?
                        No, all will be grown outside.. peas in trenches a first for me as before the slugs used to decimate everything and cabbage seems to be doing really well over wintering so be interesting to see if i can get similar results in summer... got to watch out for those pesky white butterflies as last year I saw so many of those laying eggs on my gigantic broccoli leaves. Managed to squash loads before any damage as well as the wrens feeding their young helping to manage numbers so all is good!

Comment

Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                          I have fallen in love!!!

But grabbed a bag of Levingtons seed compost, so light and fluffy and smells like heaven!

Yep! I'm sad! And tell ya what, I would sleep in this stuff!
                          Deano, I think I speak for us all when I say we know EXACTLY what you mean!

I've got two giant bags of their multipurpose in my greenhouse for potting things on and yep, it's so fluffy and tactile. I feel like I'm pampering my wee plants and tucking them up into a lovely soft bed

Needless to say.....my non-gardener husband thinks I'm nuts Just wait till I have chickens to pamper too!
                          Last edited by Gillykat; 28-01-2019, 05:05 PM.
                          If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Selymbria View Post
                            Is it levington john innes seed compost?

It Is! .............And it's beautiful stuff!
                            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Working from home today, and in my lunch break I sowed Rubine brussel sprouts, cauliflower and Monarch celeriac. All in the time it took to sort my lunch out
                              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Lots I want to sow but with 3cms of snow.. wait till mid Feb
                                Last edited by Madasafish; 30-01-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X