Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courgettes and cucumbers. The ends of packets.
    Maybe they will and maybe they won't, but they certainly won't grow in their seed packets.

Comment

• In the poly tunnel I sowed cabbage seeds tonight, Winter loose head cabbage. I also sowed some lettuce seeds.
      Transplanted some parsley plants into bigger pots while I get my herb bed sorted. I intend to do the same with some strawberry plants

Out in the garden I planted out my leeks, they had outgrown the potting containers, lots of roots, planted them down about 5-6”.
      Last edited by Can the Man; 25-07-2019, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Today I sowed some rocket in a tub covered with net curtain,my last rocket was eaten by flea beetles,also sowed more swede in a bed,it was attacked by the beetle too. Sowed radish 2 ft away as a trap crop. Carrots ‘Amsterdam forcing 3’ in a container & ‘cylindra’ beetroot next to sunflowers & runner beans.

Comment

• Sown in salad bar
          Rocket
          Lettuce little harlequin mix
          Baby leaf Californian mix

Comment

• Mizuna
            Arugula
            Pak choi
            Senshyu onions
            I've no idea if they'll come to anything.

Anything else I can sow (NE UK)?
            I'm skeptical of the 'sow in September' choices on the seed sites.

Comment

• Harvested some dried peas & put them straight in a tub of old potato compost for some pea shoots & to help feed any mouse that’s watching me.

Comment

• Electric red onion sets yesterday. Not grown before but always had good results from autumn sown shallots so x fingers

Comment

• Cabbage

Can I sow some Round headed cabbage? I sowed Durham Early last yr and produced a very welcome harvest in Early Spring! I'd like to do some Golden acre seeds.

Comment

• Yesterday I planted out my garlic into the raised bed Lautrec Wight & Solent Wight.

Comment

• On the weekend garlic (is it a seed?) And broad beans.
                      Both really for the 2020 thread in a way...

Comment

• 'sowed' some acorns about a week ago. I thought they needed a cold spell but noticed one had a 2" long root already.

Comment

• Land cress and all year round lettuce on the 23rd then mustard and cress seeds today.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Planted out 50 electric onion sets on Sunday next to my lavender in the border. Im not growing onions from seed this year again. I do have some seed though but I don’t know.

Comment

• Today I sowed a little patch of meteor peas,covered them with metal shelving to make it difficult for the mouse that’ll be round tonight

Comment

• Sowed first of the leeks and onions - Italian leek seeds and the Onions are saved seed from last years Red Baron that bolted.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X