Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went out and got a load of supplies today. Six bags of sharp sand, six bags of spent hops, and a whole load of old roof tiles someone was giving away, which I shall use to replace all the rotting wooden edging on my allotment.

Comment

• Tidied up my fallen over pots from the wind, and moved the broken sharp crocks out of the way. I also moved my favourite pots likely to fall over tonight and left the rest be

Comment

• Had to come home early from work, feeling absolutely terrible, coughing spluttering snotting and generally feeling no sorry for myself. I have a chest and sinus infection so taking a few antibiotics and steroids to see if I can clear this by the weekend.

Comment

• Gone down to the Allotment for the first time this December. Looks as if the local teenage bunch has been having a good chat in the Polytunnel the way 4 chairs have been put in there with there left over matches and cigarette packets 😂 Nothing touched thank god! General tidy up needed but not much else to do
          Visit my blog at: marksallotment20162017.wordpress.com

Comment

• This weather is doing my head in - I know its mid December but still...

Yesterday managed to get a bit more framing added to my winter project at the plot - was hoping to start getting the corrugated plastic onto the frame today but rain and wind decided me otherwise.
            Collected the smashed glass from 3 glass panes that blew out from the GH at home earlier in the week. Was half way down the garden - must have been quite some force.
            Pulled up the nasturtiums that finally died off in the garden this week.
            Last edited by Baldy; 15-12-2019, 05:44 PM.
            sigpic
            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Cooked a couple of batches of pumpkin soup, 2 pumpkin and ginger loaves, roasted some pumpkin for a salad, and upcycled some old curtains (formerly used as dustsheets) into 2 nativity costumes .

Comment

• Went to the plot for an hour or so today. Something’s attacking my Spring greens seedlings in the tunnel, can’t decide what though... giant snail?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	4BE48DF6-3573-4069-BFD7-CAAF5A1FD3AD.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	681.5 KB
ID:	2385866
                Anyway, it’s annoying, they’ll be done for soon at this rate.
                Hard pruned my redcurrant and gooseberry bushes, did a bit of rose pruning too. Chopped up and composted the sunflower and kale stalks that were lying in a pile, and also chopped and composted the globe artichokes. Pulled up the bean wigwam too, so it’s looking a bit more cultivated than it was when I got there.
                Made little spiny wigwams of gooseberry prunings round what’s left of my greens - you never know, it might put the culprit off?
                He-Pep!

Comment

• Bario, would it help to put cut off plastic bottles over your greens?

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• ^^ good idea, thanks Bramble! ^^
                    He-Pep!

Comment

• Finally cleared the volunteer cardoons that had migrated from my neighbour's plot. I'd left them to grow to a huge size as I'd been hoping they were artichokes, but alas ...

And cleared up the 2 compost from 2 bags that the fox had kindly ripped open and distributed over my bark chips on the paths.

Comment

• I’ve dismantled my bean frame and cut back my autumn raspberries leaving a few canes at the ends of the row to get an early crop.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Cracked open the compost heap I made from woodchip and grass clippings more than a year ago, and started to mulch the blackberries and raspberries with it. Very satisfying.

Comment

• Today I planted out 2 more trays of broad bean seedlings. Autumn planted onions and garlic are beginning to sprout now, I’m doing better with my winter veg it seems! Except peas. Reckon mice ate all the peas.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X