Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topped up the butt in the greenhouse, turned down the frequency of watering as I realised it was coming on every couple of hours, switched it to every 6 hours. Explains why the tomatoes had aqualungs.

Chopped back some more chard that had bolted - let's see if I can get another year out of it.

Recorded 17 videos - 14 of which were retakes but luckily there was no one else on the plot to listen to me spend the afternoon talking about the lovechild of related parents.

Planted out spinach, tree spinach and calaloo.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Emptied and cleaned the bottom half of all the pop bottle chilli grows. Couldn't be doing with all the green foamy stuff going on. Covered them with bits of grow bag, leaving a gap so I can still see water levels. Hopefully they won't green up so quickly now, and if they do I won't be able to see as much so it won't offend me as much.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	2384061

Put some wind break around the pumpkin bed.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	2384060

Then I had to have a little discussion with skew about why bringing the biggest ball ( bouy ) he has into the veggie garden was a bad idea!

Name:	image.jpeg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	2384062

Then did a bit more swatting up on chillies.
      Last edited by Small pumpkin; 11-06-2019, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Made a sterling effort to cripple myself again.

Dug some of the brassica bed, and erected the brassica tunnel, with my annual toast to Cadalot for the design. Planted out 6 Trafalgar brussels and 3 PSB. The whole of which, being a ticklish process, took me about 3 hrs.

Realised after lunch that I had an unaccounted for 40 minutes and planted out 40+ leeks. Boom.

Comment

• Watched the rain!!!

Comment

• 11 bags of grass from the compost fairy,
            11 bags of grass loaded into the car.
            11 bags of grass unloaded from the car.
            11 bags of grass carted to the Heart Of Darkness
            11 bags of grass tipped into the compost bin
            11 bags of grass mixed into the compost in the bin

These bags were choc full. These bags are 120 litres each. The compost bin is now 5 foot high.

Emptied out the potato bucket containing the Purple Majesty spuds planted in November. At least there's spuds in it.
            https://youtu.be/C-IV7e9Ve-I

Caught the compost fairy dropping off another bag of grass and leaves.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Monday - quick trip after work.
              Found my beans had been eaten
              One of my four asparagus plants had bee flattened by a falling beetroot triffid (last year's, left to go to seed)
              Put new beans in to chit, will grow them up at home before releasing...

Today: got more aspargus crowns. Put it in some watered compost for planting on the weekend

Comment

• Bit of watering, bit of potato plant counting, bit of bindweed removal, loads of other weeding.

Bit of negotiating with Mr Snoop over fencing the other half of the veg patch. Actually, negotiating is a bit of an exaggeration as I just asked and was told yes. Plus he'd just made lunch. Counting my blessings here today!

Comment

• Weeded my GH border and removed tom armpits to much rain to do anything else. Put some peas to chit they'll be use for shoots.
                  Last edited by Bren In Pots; 12-06-2019, 03:39 PM.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Finished off the climbing bean frame and sowed the beans. Watered all round. Minor weeding.

Forgot to say that sowed beetroot and radishes yesterday.

Plus, ordered a replacement nejiri hoe. Bereft without it, so hope it arrives soon.

Comment

• Apparently succeeded in my goal of crippling myself. Was unable to weight bear for several hours yesterday and walking still tricky today. Physio tomorrow, and thank heavens it's now raining so I won't fret about the plot... :-/

Comment

• Fed chillies
                        Tied up nasturtiums in the tunnel & dead headed.
                        Pinched out cucumber and tomato side shoot.
                        Found aphids on my mystery chillies.
                        Removed a shrew that had taken up residence under the dogs sofa in the living room! The dogs didn't notice the little fella run under there.
                        Pruned back a couple of plum tree branches, chucked them in a bucket of water to see if they will root.
                        Bagged a few more chilli flowers for seed saving.

Comment

• Weeding.
                          Planted out more dahlias.
                          Picked some sweetpeas.
                          Netted the raspberries.
                          Planted up my window boxes with a mixture of summer bedding plants.
                          Had a busy afternoon.
                          A dry day but quite cool.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Watered and weeded. Not very exciting, but being surprisingly effective on the weeding. Should be ready to get the rest of the fence up next week.

Comment

• Potted my last cucumber in its final pot and left it on the self watering tray.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Spent the afternoon planting up my five large window boxes with trailing geraniums, begonias and trailing lobelia.
                                Now sat here in the conservatory looking out at the rain hammering them.
                                A bit soul destroying.
                                Hope other peeps are having a better evening weather wise.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X