Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished the compost juggling, With Bob's help. Bob then fixed the compost bin once it was empty. Well he's the one who put the fork straight through the back of it .
    New roll of tunnel tape arrived so I finished making the new cover for the salad bar.
    Playing with chilli seeds. Will sow them after tea.

Comment

Silly silly me ......I planted some broad beans......
      Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Planted some shallot sets in modules in greenhouse
        planted some onion sets in modules in greenhouse (very early but they'll be fine.)
        set some arran pilot potatoes to chit (also too early but starting to sprout)

Comment

Planted Rocket potatoes in a container, now placed in greenhouse... hoping for super early earlies.

Comment

I planted out some young Babbingtons leeks that I had propagated from saved bulbils.

Also harvested my Oca. Considering I got just under a kilo of tubers from just 6 tiny marble sized Oca it's not a bad harvest. Alas, they are mostly rather small. Just enough to have a taste and I will consider the rest as seed stock.

I'm guessing the yellow ones are the tastiest, they have the most slug holes.

Comment

Today I collected a whole van full of horse manure, both well rotted and fresh. I got all the bags out at the allotment, and sorted them by their well-rottedness lol Spread manure in the grow tunnel (just netted, not plastic), pulled weeds, spread manure on the new big bed, a couple of more barrow fulls for the paths. And that was today's lot. Two long days up at the allotment, and my body can feel it, but it's great! Such good progress in just a couple of months' time!
              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-20 Panorama 01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	2382097

More cutting up Roof Joist to use as raised beds and painting them plus tidying and filling a Dalek
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Dug over and fertilised a few beds and barrels today, including one side of the polytunnel, ready for my Spring greens seedlings in a few weeks. Hung the big hanging shelf in the poly too. Raked over, fertilised and covered with cardboard two of the raised beds.
                  He-Pep!

Comment

Ordered my sugar snap pea seeds today. I need to have a look through my seed box to see what else I need to order too. Really looking forward to the new season.

Comment

Brushing snow off my polytunnles.

Comment

Chillies, peppers and aubergines in the propagator.

Comment

Mixed 5 barrow loads of potting soil. 2 parts loam 2 parts garden compost 1part sharp sand and 4 handfuls of General purpose fertilizer. Perhaps plant early spuds in pots tomorrow.
                          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Got home from work at around 3pm after picking some washing to do from middle Daughters house.

Carried on going through my tomato seed box shortlisting the definates, wants, maybe's and if I have room, on 37 varieties already and still haven't finished going through them all .........

Will finish the rest tomorrow then will start to be more selective from the shortlist once complete................he says!
                            Last edited by Deano's "Diggin It"; 22-01-2019, 07:40 PM.
                            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Sowed a half tray of Lucky Jar seeds in SP's name.
                              Asked Sutt0ns some questions about Kale shoots.
                              Filled a tray with compost to sow some Dwarf Curly Kale seeds to see if the young leaves are curl-free - as Sutt0ns say they are.

Comment

I bought four more asparagus roots in Wilko today, and couldn't help but snag a 2.5kg bag of Wilja seed potatoes. And looking to learn more about succession sowing
                                https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X