Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeds for grafting tomatoes

Hi all

Having seen some of my allotment neighbours grafted veg plants, I was wondering have any of you ever grafted your own tomato, aubergine or pepper plants before?or any other veg?
    If so did you grow the grafts from seed, and where can grafting seeds be bought from?

I bought a grafted tomato plant and its been ok, my normal seed sown tomatoes have all been amazing, however a grafted pepper that I bought is doing well, the same as my peppers sown from seed, which have also been great.

In comparison my neighbours with grafted plants have had brilliant crops from all of their grafted veg.

Just something I was thinking about doing next growing season, I thought about it after buying a hoard of seeds today

Try this thread https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ies_85507.html
    Maybe Norfolk grey can tell us how she got on with it!

Comment

thanks vc

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Try this thread https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ies_85507.html
        Maybe Norfolk grey can tell us how she got on with it!
        How did it go..........the seeds are all still sat in the box. There are some cue rootstock ones as well. Better see what they do next year.

Comment

I've tried it with a few tomato plants it didn't go well at all, I think I had 1 graft take out of the lot. Most of the videos I watched back then showed the grafts being done on very young plants and I found it impossible to get things aligned on the very thin, soft green stems. The shocking price of the rootstock seeds didn't help either

There's plenty of season left, if you have toms already growing you can nip off side shoots and practice a few techniques on existing plants.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
            How did it go..........the seeds are all still sat in the box. There are some cue rootstock ones as well. Better see what they do next year.
            thanks Norfolk grey, are you a seed hoarder like me, hehe
            by cue do you mean cucumber rootstocks? which graft seeds did you end up getting, I want to have a go just to see if I can do it, whether it works or not is another story

Comment

it looks a bit tricky Lardman, il practice with some offshoots I one got a mango seed to germinate, I knew it would end up dying, just wanted to see if I could do it, I have a feeling il be thinking of grafting for years to come if I don't at least have a go

Comment

Perhaps we should all have a go next year with some toms??!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Perhaps we should all have a go next year with some toms??!!
                  yes I think that would be great!lets do it

Comment

Your on! Will have to put some on my Christmas list

Comment

Good luck you two and while you're about it, how about grafting a Tomtato?

Comment

I reckon a tomato is experiment enough!

Comment

I found an old thread about Tomtato's and the seeds are still available!!

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...653373036.html

Comment

potatoes and tomatoes grafted together im not brave enough

Comment

I have triumph F1 cucumber rootstock seeds (although they look very much like shark fin melon, may have to grow one out for curiosity sake) but I never tried them. Tomato seeds are Submarine F1 again never tried. I am not so much a hoarder as an acquirer with good intentions. Chilli? are you in any of the circles? I can spare 5 sub. tom seeds for you to try and Scarlet I will send you 5 seeds as well (although they are a little old they should do something being tom seeds)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X