Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The greenhouse is the only place to be in this wet weather!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100183.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	2372954

On the left are bush tomatoes with fruit on which is slowly ripening, container tomatoes, some red basil. In the border, lots of different cordon tomatoes, a couple of French beans (1 dwarf) some lettuce which seems to do OK in the shade of the tomato leaves, some sweet basil and a couple of cucumber plants tucked at the back with flowers on.

Name:	P1100188.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	2372955

Top end border has some lovely lettuce which I've started to eat - that's done better than I thought it would in the heat of the greenhouse. And some radish which is useless as roots but am using the leaves for salad.

Name:	P1100190.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	2372956

Right side border has aubergines, peppers and a couple of courgettes. Will see how those get on.

Name:	P1100185.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	2372958

Right side staging has too many tomato plants in pots, some strawberry plants, mangetout growing on before planting out and some peas I'm growing in a tray for shoots.

I've just planted all the rest of the squash and courgettes into a raised bed and put the extras into the cold frame to hopefully squeeze elsewhere in the garden on a warmer and drier day!
    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Excellent, very tidy looking Rhino you've got there.

Comment

Plenty going on in there Marie.
        My cucumbers coming on nicely.Click image for larger version

Name:	received_10212708541850531.jpg
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	2372968

Comment

Oh lovely, you'll be eating fresh cucumber very soon! I can't wait until mine are ready.
          LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Another salad crop I can't eat, I'll be glad when I get this gall bladder removed and I can hopefully eat what I like rather than what won't give me a bad tummy.

Comment

Can you not digest it if it's peeled Burnie. I can't eat it with the peel as it gives me heartburn.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I have a hiatus hernia as well, get an endoscopy on Thursday that will hopefully confirm if both can be sorted at the same time and maybe I will be able to eat cukes and lettuce again, just now it's not possible. Been going on for a decade now, only just had the gall stone problem confirmed recently(well earlier this year) when admitted to my local hospital in a lot of pain after a cheese salad sandwich seemed to tip the balance in the wrong direction. 6 foot 4 ex rugby player felled by a cheese butty.

Comment

My first tunnel

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	2373006

Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	2373005

Lots of space for the melons to grow along the bench.
                  Breeze my little gardening helper is never far away.

Comment

The little tunnel

Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	2373007

Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	2373008

I'm expecting Humphrey ( the pumpkin ) to take up a lot of space in here soon. Very pleased with my carrots so far this year as well.

Comment

The big tunnel ( chilli tunnel)

Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	2373009

Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	2373010

Breeze likes the new big tunnel, he liked it better before the palettes were put in !
                      And he's going to be very disappointed when his carpet gets moved to an even smaller area.
                      Lots of space for my chillies to grow into, and maybe a bit of space for a couple more!

Comment

Excelente.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I'd be happy to have just one of your tunnels, SP. They're all fantastic - and so tidy! Even Breeze is tidy

Comment

Wish I had a bit more room for a tunnel, but no regrets with the medium sized greenhouse instead.

Comment

View today, eaten all of the early radish, nearly eaten the first crop of strawberries, but being perpetual, more flowers on their way. Wifes eating the lettuce, webs and mixed, not cut an iceberg yet. Tommies and peppers/chillies in flower and the sweetcorn is doing well too.

Name:	View from the greenhouse door.jpg
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	2373014

Comment

Played about with mine today!

Really don't get time these days which is a shame!

Anyway!

Name:	IMG_2191 (3).jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	2373018

Name:	IMG_2186.jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	2373019

Thank "Gawd" I is off in the morning!
                                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X