This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG ha ha Did I really say that! Duh.

I'm always saying things without thinking first. It takes a while for my brain to catch up with my mouth

Looking forward to getting some things planted now. Just need some good weather so things grow a bit more. Everything seems behind this year apart from my onions.
    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Net wall over sun facing windows for shade, hopefully strong enough for cucs to grow up. Cucumber, cucamelon and watermelons on the left, peppers and chilli on the right. Fed by self watering system not quite plumbed up to main water butt.... heater for cold nights and a few carrots.

412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	View from the door.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	2372548
        This side of the greenhouse is close to full and ready for production, the right hand side however is in trouble as only one sweetcorn has germinated, may have to get some more seed, or admit defeat and buy plants, will have a think whilst fishing later.

Comment

After having a thunk, I went to the farmers market in Forfar and picked up some sweetcorn seedlings, not ideal but my seed was last years and didn't work. Lesson learned, not only parsnips need new seed each year.

Comment

Getting short of room already

Name:	Nearly full.jpg
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	2372625
            Just planted the Melons and sowed some bulb fennel seeds and that's it after the last half dozen sweetcorn have gone in.

Comment

What are you growing in the hanging baskets Burnie?
              sigpic

Comment

Tumbling red tomatoes, first time I've grown these and the first time I'm trying to grow something edible in a hanging basket.

Comment

May

Here's the poly this month:

Spring greens have all been eaten, a couple of tomatoes have replaced them. Radishes out of view behind the door are great and being picked daily now... there's also a basket tom hiding behind the door. Spring onions still bulking up, just about ready. Some stuff on the shelf will be going in or getting composted soon, depending on space.

Name:	20170524_083857_resized.jpg
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	2372731

Broad beans are huge now and podding up nicely. Some more toms planted in the bed, and a couple of basket toms. Carrots are coming along slowly, spinach is going strong.

Name:	20170524_083932_resized.jpg
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	2372732
                  He-Pep!

Comment

I never realised broad beans grew that large, crickey! It looks fantastic. Your idea for growing carrots is a great one. Ive got mine in a grow table outside but I like this idea for the greenhouse border.
                    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Tom's and cucumbers coming on nicely

Name:	20170527_085401-1209x1612.jpg
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	2372779Click image for larger version

Name:	20170527_085416-1209x1612.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	2372780

Comment

No idea what I'm doing or not doing but my plants are tiny compared to those Chris...when did you sow them? They look great!
                        sigpic

Comment

Think it was March. Shot away in the last 3 weeks.
                          Last edited by Chris Hulme; 27-05-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

That's when I sowed mine and they must be about a quarter of the size!
                            sigpic

Comment

Some of mine are growing at least an inch a night.
                              Some are just getting the forth truss on as well.
                              But me peppers are very slow growing

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Hulme View Post
                                But me peppers are very slow growing
                                They always are normally take off in June

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X