X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope this weather changes sharpish it's getting crowded in here
    Attached Files
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

April

Here's April in the tunnel:

Most of the Spring greens have been eaten, just a few more to harvest... the Spring onions have bulked up a bit, and three baskets of strawberries are now in. There's a few spare toms living on the shelf, and out of view behind the door there's a catch crop of radishes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170428_083409_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	2372293

The broad beans at the back are in full flower now, carrots are up in the mini raised bed and early spuds are up in the two bags. My new apple tree is sheltering here temporarily until the cold snap passes. Spinach is coming along and in the corner the parsley is finally going to seed.

Name:	20170428_083354_resized.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	2372294
      He-Pep!

Comment

I'm glad to be able to post in here now

Spent many happy hours washing pots and drying them in the new greenhouse.

Name:	P1100050.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	2372326

Been planning out where the greenhouse border will go using old bricks. This has been better than planning on paper because I can walk round and get a feel for the sizing.

Name:	P1100048.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	2372327

We've now come up with a vague U shape border most of the way round which is much wider on one side - as wide as I can stretch across with my arms - and tailored to the width of the staging on the other side. My husband is now making the wood frame for it.

The rest of the area not in the border will be filled in with the same chunky gravel that the slugs seem to dislike so much on our drive. Hopefully they will also dislike it in the greenhouse

Hopefully, between this and the raised beds, I should be growing more direct in the ground this year instead of in pots.
        LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Looking great Marie, I see you've got your priorities right wi't table'n'chair..............................
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            Looking great Marie, I see you've got your priorities right wi't table'n'chair..............................
            Well I was following the very best advice from the Vine LOL It is very nice sitting warm and cosy in there while windy and cold out in the garden!
            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Name:	20170503_165134.jpg
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	2372406

A lot of growth from my Cape Goosberry, on the right hand side at the back. I had to remove a shelf from the grow rack as it was going to grow so big it would be too tall to get it out.The leaves are now massive, about the size of saucers. Tomatoes coming along steadily too, I will pot them up soon.

Also had my first Mara Des Bois ever, seemed okay, a bit of an acidic kick to it, but not mindblowing, it needed a bit more sweetness. I think I will let the next one ripen a bit more before chomping it.
              Last edited by JusPotterinTim; 04-05-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Tom's potted on.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170505_071758-1612x1209.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	2372438

Comment

Wow!......
                  sigpic

Comment

Got the borders sorted today. More or less in a U shape although I left space for the seed rack near the doors.

I kept the old polytunnel cover which I can cut up and use the best bits from to make a jacket for the seed rack in the winter to keep that as a warmer section.

Wide border on the left side for tomatoes and taller plants, then goes round and got my drawers lifted up on breeze blocks in the far right corner (had to remove some staging slats to accommodate those) and then a narrow border on the right.

Name:	P1100103.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	2372491

My original plan was just to have a border on the left but it was a no brainer to do a U shape when I saw how sunny it gets under the staging as well. More space for growing can't be a bad thing I figured!

Thinking of putting some herbs and dwarf varieties of things on the right under the staging. Salad leaves can maybe go in the shadier section at the far end and then tomatoes and sweet peppers etc on the left wide border.

Comment

Originally posted by craftymarie View Post
                      got my drawers lifted up on breeze blocks
                      Sorry Marie but if I don't comment on this, rary or Baldy will! You know what their minds are like
                      Your GH looks fantastic, so neat and tidy Looking forward to seeing it crammed with plants

Comment

Rary - I don't know about you but I've never been so insulted in all my life... (that's not strictly true btw)
                        Looking good Marie (drawers 'n' all)
                        Last edited by Baldy; 08-05-2017, 05:52 PM.
                        sigpic
                        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Well, I'm glad you posted that Marie, it's up there with my tassels lol
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

Drawers and tassels . Sorry need to go I must be on the wrong forum
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

No I am in on the right forum, a great greenhouse marie, I wish you a lot of pleasure using it, just one more thing using breeze blocks to hold up your drawers must take up a bit of space, I use gallases (braces)
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Looking good Marie...and you have to think before you post!
                                Last edited by Jay22; 08-05-2017, 07:01 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X