Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&Q Verve 6x8 Polycarbonate Greenhouse In Store - Cheap!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Yes, the bulk sheets are 610 x 610...............it's no good buying a load of pack 4's if they only contain the triangular panes. You have all the info at your disposal so go down to B4Q and have a look at pack 4's contents then work out if it is manageable.................Good luck. You always have polycarb as a backup.

Leave a comment:

• RossAllan
    replied
    Hoping I can pick a GH tomorrow now. Hopefully somewhere has them in stock

Leave a comment:

• gardengeordie
    replied
    Thanks so if the majority is 610 X 610 I should be okay

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    The most important thing is knowing what you get in Pack 4. For your info:

A 4x6 requires 2 pack 2's & 1 Pack 4
    A 6x6 requires 1 Pack 1 & 2 Pack 2's
    A 8x6 requires 1 Pack 1 2 pack 2's & 1 pack 3

I have no idea of the contents of any of the separate packs. You really need to know what is in pack 4 before you part with any cash.
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 26-02-2016, 10:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    For what it's worth 4 packs of pack 4 is only gonna cost £20................Bargain.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Here's a list of the glazing.............ignore the codes:

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• gardengeordie
    replied
    Thanks I'm hoping pack 4 covers the main sections without having to cut

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    This is identical to the instruction sheet I have, I will see if I can find the glazing instructions:

http://www.summergardenbuildings.co....se%20Frame.pdf

Leave a comment:

• gardengeordie
    replied
    Thank you very much even if I can get the majority of the large pieces I can poly carb the rest thanks again it's much appreciated

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Ok, no probs. For a 6x6 you need:

610mm x 610mm = 30 sheets (Code J4-1)
    610mm x 544mm = 5 sheets (Code J4-2)
    610mm x 467mm = 1 sheet ( Code J4-3)
    610mm x 228.5mm = 1 sheet (code J4-4)
    610mm x 545mm = 1 sheet ( Code J4-5)
    610mm x 464mm x 38? = 4 sheets ( Code J4-6)
    610mm x 234mm x 20? = 2 sheets ( Code J4-7)

Re- J4-6 & J4-7 ------------I don't know what the 38 & 20 mean as all the measurements are in mm...........they are triangular pieces.

Leave a comment:

• gardengeordie
    replied
    no i dont all of the instructions were all soaked and unreadable, that would be great thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    If you are good with a glass cutter, I would go & have a look what you get in pack 4. Do you have the glazing instructions with you?.............I can tell you exactly what you need for your 6x6 if you don't.
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 26-02-2016, 09:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gardengeordie
    replied
    thanks so it may be worth the extra and just going for the polycarb the no 4 packs are a fiver each

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Originally posted by gardengeordie View Post
    i can get the clearance glass pack 4's and they said they could be cut down for the other bits but i am not sure what is actually in pack 4 and if it how many i would need to sort the 6x6
    That's right. I have the glazing instructions in front of me & it does not state what is in each pack. The easiest solution is polycarb. All of the panels are 610 wide, polycarb comes in 610 width. It's easy to cut with stanley knife or scissors, The z clips fit 4mm polycarb, I would put extra z clips to hold 2 panels together. I would also use extra w clips to hold the panels in place & would also reinforce the area of polycarb where the w clip presses down as over time it will split the panel.

Leave a comment:

• gardengeordie
    replied
    failing that i may just use polycarb and add the extra bracing just trying to work out the most cost effective option

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X