Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&Q Verve 6x8 Polycarbonate Greenhouse In Store - Cheap!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Just had a change of plan. As I already have 2 netted polytunnels I'm gonna erect the greenhouses, join them together & leave them uncovered as a double Munty frame for growing squashes, Beans, Peas etc.
    It will also save a lot of work covering it with netting.

Leave a comment:

• Duvy
    replied
    Hi all,

Are these labelled at those prices or do you have to take them to the till and ask the price?

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Well that was an interesting morning..............

Picked up:
    1 6x6 green (without base) @ £25
    1 6x6 green base @ £5
    2 6x4 green with bases @ £25 each
    1 6x4 aluminium with base @ £15

So once joined together & covered in netting I should have a 18'x6' cage for £95..................
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 22-02-2016, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    No glazing packs here either.
    Lots of bases in stock, but not the frames!
    Going off hunting now!
    Good luck everyone.

Leave a comment:

• sparrow100
    replied
    I've phoned round my nearest ones - no glazing anywhere and only a few frames. I wonder how long it's been going on for. Might see if I can get a couple of frames for a walk-in cage - two 6x6s would be pretty useful fastened together.

Leave a comment:

• Lisasbolt
    replied
    phone call going to mum, but i do not know what i will do with it

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    I'd love to do that VC...fingers crossed for tomorrow am

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Hmm, I've got an 8x20 and an 8x12 but I can't wait for 8am when my nearest B&Q opens, I'd love a walk in brassica cage
    I may need to have a look too Good hunting, Scarlet

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    ^^^^that happens here Sally I'm rubbish at DIY

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Originally posted by Elfeda View Post
    .....and if there is an effective way to join 3 6x6 at home.. not in hurry to erect all at one go though.
    I joined 3 8x6 GH frames together - its all on the other thread - with photos!

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Hmm, I've got an 8x20 and an 8x12 but I can't wait for 8am when my nearest B&Q opens, I'd love a walk in brassica cage

Leave a comment:

• MarkHackwell
    replied
    Saw these the other day, but not sure where I would put another Greenhouse since I use one at home, one down my nan and granddads and one on the Allotment soo decided to put the money on improving my Polytunnel instead :P

Leave a comment:

• Elfeda
    replied
    sparrow,

I went to buy verve..but found 'silverline aluminium' 8x6, 'greenline aluminium' 6x6

the sale reciept dint mention much than this. I requested for delivery.actually bought 3 6x6 green aluminium frames, 1 8x6 silverline, 2 mini lean to 4x2 with plastic .. 3 green ones to set at home..and 8x6 for allotment.

I wonder how much/many glazing sheets should buy for each size ..and if there is an effective way to join 3 6x6 at home.. not in hurry to erect all at one go though.
    Last edited by Elfeda; 21-02-2016, 08:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• spamvindaloo
    replied
    Not entirely sure what mine say on the box other than polycarbonate I'll have a look tomorrow.

I'm probably going to use 4mm twin wall polycarbonate anyway even if I have to bodge it but wouldn't recommend this method to others...

Leave a comment:

• sparrow100
    replied
    Originally posted by Elfeda View Post
    spamvindaloo,

Please update me as well when you sort about glazing. me dumbo, but bought as much of frames.
    are they suitable for polycorb only or can I go for glass as well!
    Elfeda, which one did you buy? I bought a Verve greenhouse last year and the instructions were very clear that it was not suitable for either glass or twinwall polycarbonate. The glazing panels are moulded plastic.

This might not be relevant, depending on which one you bought, but I'd hate to see you shell out for something that might not work with the frame you have.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X