No announcement yet.

What I Did Today (Undercover)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took everything out from under the grow-light, and potted up tomatoes, chillies, peppers, onions. Some of the chillies and onions have had to move out to my bedroom windowsill to make room for the 'maincrop' sowing of tomatoes. Really need to get my small greenhouse repaired (4 panes of glass out in the wind last week ) and the heater set up so the bigger plants can move outside...

Comment

Greenhouse repairs have occurred And as an added bonus, the door is now fully glazed too rather than having a sheet of polythene taped over it 4 std panes, one corner triangle, and one 2'x1' strip of glass = £20. Pretty chuffed with that

Comment

result well done

Comment

Yesterdays what I did today was dig out most of the soil in the greehouse because it was sticky clay and full of long stringy white roots.

Today I'm getting new compost for it and planting out some beans that the bloke at the garden centre gave to my 1 year old for free.
          Last edited by Darwin.; 23-02-2013, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Removed lids from props in greenhouse. Too damn cold, so put them back again! Wrapped up the broadies in the poly. Brrrrrr
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by Darwin. View Post
              Yesterdays what I did today was dig out most of the soil in the greehouse because it was sticky clay and full of long stringy white roots.

Today I'm getting new compost for it and planting out some beans that the bloke at the garden centre gave to my 1 year old for free.
              Those roots sound like twitch. Clay is nutrient holding and could be mixed with your compost for growing. You need some soil to grow in.
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Does anyone have plans to sow early peas for the tunnel/greenhouse? If so, when are you going to sow them?

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                  Does anyone have plans to sow early peas for the tunnel/greenhouse? If so, when are you going to sow them?
                  Did mine the other day, but I've sown into guttering first. They are up on my hanging shelf, but are destined for the poly when I pull the remaining celeriac out.

Comment

Cool, I have some very early Oskar, might sow some as a distraction from the laundry mountain this afternoon...
                    Last edited by SarzWix; 23-02-2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Can't remember what mine are...hang on and I'll have a look

Comment

Charmette and Hatif d'Annonay from RealSeeds, Sarz and you don't really want to do laundry, do you
                        Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 23-02-2013, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I sowed peas in a propogator and pots earlier in the week, they're in the garage in the window, I'll plant them out in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                            ... you don't really want to do laundry, do you
                            Wanting to have some clean socks and undies is overriding my desire to ignore it and do something more fun instead

I've sown a couple of cell-trays of peas, and a tray of mixed salad leaves

Comment

I'm just in from the greenhouse now, I spent about an hour and a half out there. I didn't like where my composter was, the run off from it was seeping into the polytunnel, so I moved it. It's below the polytunnel now. I got two full wheelbarrows of compost from it (I was delighted with that) and mixed it through the soil in the greenhouse, I mixed some bags of farmyard manure and some perlite in too. It's all mixed up now but it's 0 C here today and snowing lightly so I decided against planting anything out.

Comment

Today I left the greenhouse and polytynnel open all fat to dry out and that's all I intended doing. I got bored around 4 so went out for an hour and a half to weed two bays of the polytunnel.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X