No announcement yet.

YAY.......it's arrived

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dow Corning glazing silicone on mine and touch wood haven't lost a panel yet and its gone through 3 winters. As an added benefit it also stops any water getting into the glazing channels thereby preventing corrosion.

Colin
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yekim_4321 View Post
      How the hell did you get it back into 4 chanels? that must mean you have the patience of a saint it was annoying enough trying to get it into 3!!!!!
      Was tricky, and there was a few swear words, but I really didn't want to dismantle it

Comment

OK two more things if you could help with these, i've put the doors together put them in place they run smooth as silk, but they dont fit on the bottom runner!!!! it's as if they are to short its about 5mm out which means slightest breeze and they flap around cant see anyway to adjust the bottom either?

Also when windows are in place even though they are closed the slightest breeze and they open about 2 inches currently have the hinges tied down with string!! if you need pics to clarify what i mean then let me know and i'll take them.
        I really do appreciate the advice and encouragement you have all given.

Mick

Comment

I cant picture your windows Mick but I do have a similar problem with my door, I just put a brick against. Not ideal but it works.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Windows

Okay here are some pics of windows, first on window in closed position with wing nut tight at right hand side then same image with slight pressure applied to window, it opens even though wing nut is still tight have i done something wrong?
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry Mick, can't help you with that one as I have an autovent opener.
              Last edited by Bigmallly; 30-04-2012, 07:02 AM.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Thanks Bigmallly you've helped a lot and i appreciate it can i just ask will any autovent fit?

Mick

Comment

Okay here are some pics of windows, first on window in closed position with wing nut tight at right hand side then same image with slight pressure applied to window, it opens even though wing nut is still tight have i done something wrong?
                  Have you tried slackening the bolts/clips holding the channel that the window support runs in then closing the window and tightening them back up ? It looks like the window is not being allowed down far enough and is still under tension.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28770[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28771[/ATTACH]
                    The window lever assembly needs to go further to the right

Comment

Thanks Bigmallly you've helped a lot and i appreciate it can i just ask will any autovent fit?

Mick
                      When I bought mine it didn't specify if it was for a particular greenhouse. If you search for a generic one, it should tell you whether it fits most greenhouses.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Urban: Of course as soon as i read your post i was going to say it wont go further right but DOH of course it will.....common sense seems to be elluding me at the moment :P

Comment

Thanks guys.

Urban: Of course as soon as i read your post i was going to say it wont go further right but DOH of course it will.....common sense seems to be elluding me at the moment :P
                          No probs, did you put the brackets that hold the window frame together on correctly, whilst you where at it?

Comment

Yes i did thanks, just need to sort doors and it is ready for the gravel inside and a walkway then i can sort staging then i can get my plants in there

Comment

Updated pics

Okay here it is in all its glory, almost complete just need to put a step in front of doors and cane or silicone the roof panels.......so pleased with finished GH....the dog is Barney who is always on hand to lend a helping paw when needed or even not needed he likes moving pots around

BTW the swing seat on the deck next to the shed is free if anyone is near me and wants it just needs a jet wash which i will do
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by yekim_4321; 01-05-2012, 10:33 AM. Reason: update info

Comment

Okay here is the helper......
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X