This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys vc 40litre trug £4.99

My Sauna/Jacuzzi was only supposed to be 4ft * 5ft but couldn't get the edges straight and just kept cutting bits away and ended up with that.... and yes Pa i have considered a raised bed

Comment

Originally posted by yekim_4321 View Post
      Thanks guys vc 40litre trug £4.99
      Ouch! £3.00 at the green, four-lettered supermarket giant.
      Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

Yekim has high standards, as you can see from the price of his trug!

Comment

A few more piccies...

Attached Files
          Last edited by Pa Snips; 13-05-2012, 05:36 PM. Reason: Unacceptable grammar

Comment

Looking good PA...makes mental note to plant toms earlier next year

Comment

Originally posted by yekim_4321 View Post
              Okay decided it was time to post my 'view' as it's a new GH i was a little late sowing some of the seeds

It has taken @ 10yrs to get the garden to this state, and now im looking round the garden for more planting areas for veg

won't take you long toreduce the rest of the garden to veg heaven
              well done, that is so super-organised!! and nice doggie

Comment

Originally posted by Pa Snips View Post
                Ouch! £3.00 at the green, four-lettered supermarket giant.
                Boy are they tough, too. I was stuffing some really nasty hedge trimmings (blackthorn and hawthorn -branches) in them yesterday, stamping on them etc etc to save trips up the lane to dump them and suddenly thought "Oh my G, these are cheap and nasty, perhaps I should have been taking more care but no they just look like they are ready for more!"
                "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

This is the view from my greenhouse door.

There's usually a husky puppy sat on the cushions under the bench, but she was outside chewing my rhubarb leaves!
                  This is my first year having a vegetable garden down in France. We are living in an old farmhouse that has 1 metre thick stone walls and is very cold inside (no central heating yet), so no chance of germinating anything in the house.
                  All my seeds were germinated and potted on, in the greenhouse, and have been going outside to harden off for the last week and in at night.
                  I will be planting most of them out in the raised beds this week, including my french beans which seem to be very happy..

The asparagus seeds came on really well

And I'm pleased with the tomatoes and the chillies, as they had to stay out in the unheated greenhouse from the day they germinated..

Attached Files
                  4th September 2012 blog updated 'The Long Hot Summer'
                  http://www.deepindordogne.blogspot.com

Comment

what is it with all these people and their organisational abilities? can it be sold to me please?Perhaps I'm just envious of ALL THAT SPACE!! *cough* sorry for shouting.......
                    that looks lovely too, and everything is massive compared to my stuff!! green smiley, green smiley...

Comment

• Wow, that is organised!

Well done, Galtezza, if I got remotely close to being that organised it would quickly slip back into disarray if I so much as looked at it.

Comment

• heres how it looked in my tunnel this morning, ive had a bit of a tidy since and forked over the beds again removing more roots and stones so i can get some tomatoes in the ground this weekend.
                        a few tomatoes in rockwool so i can play with hydroponics.

and my fluffy helper
                        Attached Files

Comment

• pretty panda doggie
                          what on earth are those tomatoes planted in? the last photo....
                          another one who's organised and neat!!!! nice big greenhouse too.

Comment

• Its dark cant see anything but am going for my name being on every board

Comment

• Originally posted by taff View Post
                              pretty panda doggie
                              what on earth are those tomatoes planted in? the last photo....
                              another one who's organised and neat!!!! nice big greenhouse too.
                              hiya taff,
                              my big panda! or teddy bear as i call him is a long haired japanese akita.. best freebie ever and my best friend.

ahh the tomatoes in funky stuff, thats hydroponic growing medium.
                              seedlings went into root riot cubes (the brown bit in the middle) and once well rooted into those into rockwool blocks which are glass fibre just like loft insulation.
                              in the next few days or do they will move again into something else! hydroton which are baked clay pebbles.
                              all are hydro mediums which just hold water, nutrients and oxygen and provide something for roots to anchor too, these plants will never know what soil is

i will make a thread explaining all about the hydro stuff once im underway with it and will be trying the same varieties in soil too for comparison on crop quantity and importantly taste!
                              Hydroponics can give up to 4 times the amount of fruit compared to soil grown with tomatoes and chillis which does get me interested.

my tunnel is an ebay cheap one but im over the moon with it for what it cost, its 3x6 metres and already not big enough and im planning an upgrade over the winter.
                              im trying my best to keep it all organised which is not normally my style but glad i have or i wouldnt know what half the plants were by now if they werent in trays and labeled well.

Comment

• Great place you have there, galtezza.
                                Last edited by MyLifeWithAndrew; 19-05-2012, 07:33 AM.
                                My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
                                Revelation 22:2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X