Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone got things underway in their greenhouses already? If so, what? I have a new one and I'm wondering what I can plant early in order to extend the growing season

Comment

• There is nothing much it seems in january. here is little info:

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...use_83027.html

Comment

• I have greenhouse/polytunnel envy now I have a mini-greenhouse which will then feed an allotment, so i'll have to make best use of the space

Comment

• Bumping this for 2015
          Anyone want to show us their GH in February?

Comment

• Would this be the greenhouse that will end up on the rant thread if it doesn't get put up VC?
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Well my door fell off last week! I spend more time fixing the thing than growing in it!

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Bumping this for 2015
                Anyone want to show us their GH in February?
                Here's mine - empty, grubby and in need of some TLC In my defence I DID just get the allotment on Friday ~ four days ago ~ so will be giving it a good clean this week and making sure everything's firmly fixed in place etc ready for the new growing season. Cannot decide yet whether to put tomatoes in there or trays of half-hardy flower seeds....perhaps the flowers first and then transfer them to polytunnel as they grow (or even plant them out into the ground) and then start off tomatoes? I've never had a 'proper' greenhouse before so I'm just ITCHING to get stuck in!!! Been looking at some pics from previous years and loving everyone's full-to-bursting ones

Last edited by Gillykat; 23-02-2015, 07:01 PM.
                If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Spent a couple of hours pottering around today and when I realised just how cosy the greenhouse was in the sun (better than the draughty polytunnel!) I moved my three nasturtium pots in...and then decided to sort through the trays of potatoes that the previous tenant had left in the shed. Some had been well nibbled by a mouse over winter but quite a lot were in good nick so I've laid them out to see what I had. Still got two/three trays to go through either tomorrow before work or on my day off onn Thursday

Chuffed to bits...my greenhouse is starting to be used!
                  If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Had a lovely afternoon in the polytunnel yesterday, feels like spring is coming for sure. The Komatsuna and Tai Tsai is still going strong and getting tall. Discovered the flowering stalks are even more delicious than the leaves.

Attached Files
                    Death to all slugs!

Comment

• Greenhouse is empty again...temporarily! I gave it a good clean inside and out on Sunday It'll probably be chockablock with seedtrays by the weekend as I want to get some hardy annuals sown this week as I havbe a few days off work.

Comment

• newbie here so this is from last year i have now lowered the floor in the middle by 10" as im a bit of a lump in my 8 by 6 still it was a freebie just had to collect it and all glass intact i have had it a few years now and it does the job if you do think of lowering the floor if you are a tall person do expect to fall into it a few times before you get used to it
                        Attached Files

Comment

• that darn cat out out out
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Just potted on the tomatoes and had a clear out to the cold frame.

The more tender plants are still in the greenhouse and last lot in the propagator ( cucumbers,sweetcorn etc)
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Ja9; 13-04-2015, 08:19 PM.
                            Gardening forever, housework whenever!

Comment

• Managed to rearrange my polytunnel to maximize vertical space with wires down the middle for my yard long beans and cukes. Can't wait for this year!

Attached Files
                              Death to all slugs!

Comment

• Things are getting a move on.
                                Attached Files
                                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X