Polytunnel Pics

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polytunnel Pics

As I am keeping a very detailed diary and journal of gardening this year, I took some photographs, it being the end of May for the diary. I felt so chuffed with the way the polytunnel was looking, I hope you don't mind me sharing them with you.

The temperature today (and most of this week) has struggled to get over 8 degrees and there has been a strong northerly wind. However, it was warm enough to garden in a t-shirt (as long as you didn't stand near the north facing door!). If someone can identify the Clematis Montana I would be grateful - came as a freebie from some magazine. It is also in the plytunnel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0529PolytunnelMay0003.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	2387859

Name:	2006_0529PolytunnelMay0004.JPG
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	2387860

Name:	2006_0529PolytunnelMay0005.JPG
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	2387861

Name:	2006_0529PolytunnelMay0006.JPG
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2387862

Name:	2006_0529PolytunnelMay0014.JPG
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	2387863
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Jennie, I'm not surprised you are proud and wanted to share your polytunnel, it's wonderful and organised and my greenhouse isn't a patch on it. You've got some good growth in there, well done and please put me to shame anytime you like
    www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Jennie your plants look wonderful. I am really jealous as nothing is growing at all on our allotments because of the awful weather.
      [

Comment

Hi Jennie
        Can I just echo the sentiments of the others by saying you should be well chuffed with your crops so far - very healthy and advanced looking compared to any outdoor crops I've seen so far this year. Big plus for polytunnel growing this year.
        The Clematis montana may be variety "Tetrarose" - looks like it to me anyway - have a google and see what you think as you have it there in the flesh so to speak.
        Rat

British by birth
        Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
        http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Many thanks for all your nice comments. I don't know anyone here with a polytunnel, or really anyone who grows veg, so never have a chance to compare what I am doing.

I don't grow much outside, only potatoes and brassicas, but will try some peas and beans to see how I get on.

My greenhouse should be up by teh end of June, so another growing area. Really looking forward to that.

~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Jennie, your polytunnel looks amazing. A real credit to you. You must be very pleased with it. Wish you every success with your greenhouse. Keep the pics coming. I just love to see.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Jennie, your polytunnel looks fanatstic, really neat and well organised.

Comment

Thought you might like to see what a jungle it has turned into!

Name:	2003_0101AithandGarden0012.JPG
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	2317910

Name:	2003_0101AithandGarden0032.JPG
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	2317911

Name:	2003_0101AithandGarden0039.JPG
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	2317912

Name:	2003_0101AithandGarden0044.JPG
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	2317913

Name:	2003_0101AithandGarden0048.JPG
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	2317914
                ~
                ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

It might be a jungle but it looks like a nice productive jungle

Comment

Jennie, your polytunnel looks just fabulous. No wonder they made you our MOM. You certainly are succeeding against the weather odds there. We MUST get the weather (CLIMATE) board so that you can tell us all how to do it. Can't wait to see what you do with your glass house. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. I really appreciate it.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Jennie, you must be absolutely thrilled. Everything looks so green and healthy. Looks like you're going to have a bumper crop.
                      Enjoy after all your hard work.
                      Gabrielle.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

What is really getting to me is that I think I will miss crops while being away. The strawberries are just heaving and are about to crop, and the broad beans are just about ready, as are the courgettes and the carrots and the herbs and I'm so excited about the sweetcorn and I've got flowers on my spuds for the first time in three years .............. I have my first tomato just forming - a plum - never grown them before, got one plant from a sale, which looks a little lonely against the 41 others. Ooooh why do we go on holiday! Well I can say that at the moment as this is OH's holiday (sailing - hard work!) mine is in September when we go to Spain (sit around in the SUN and HEAT and do nothing). Probably miss alot of crops then as well .......... och well .....

Lifes great really
                        ~
                        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Jennie, very envious of the polytunnel, would love the space for one. Everything looks lovely and healthy!
                          Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Jennie you might think it looks lika a jungle but it is a very edible jungle!!
                            [

Comment

Hi Jennie. your tunnel looks well, I also have one and have had great growing results, your Montana is knowen as mile a minnet in my part of the world Co. Antrim N.Ireland. best of luck. john tate.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X