Brown sugar
    White Beauty
    Cyril's choice. (Bush type).
    Dancing with smurfs

Update:
    Abraham Lincoln....failed
    Ferris Wheel... Nice big fruits, non ripe as yet
    Brown sugar.. Few big fruits, non ripe as yet
    White Beauty, the biggest 1 fruit I've ever seen, non ripe as yet.
    Cyril's choice, lots of fruits, non ripe as yet.
    dancing with smurfs, load of stunning fruit, tastes awful.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

• I need to get my head around seed saving for toms - I've got lots of them starting to ripen up now!

Scarlet - am I right in thinking that based on current numbers we need to save 108 seeds from each variety?

I've been doing some researching and I think my venus and tumbler's are both F1 (it doesnt say so on the packet).

I still have the others though plus red cherry, red pear, black cherry, principe borghese and gold rush currant. I'm hoping to save from golden queen as they're a bit more unusual and heritage, but I don't know which of the others to save from?
      Last edited by vixylix; 21-07-2016, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Vix, try to aim for 6 seeds person (although don't worry if it has to be 4) Some peeps may drop out, some may join. Aim for 120 seeds to be safe you should get that from 1 or 2 tomatoes.

I'll put you down for Golden queen and gold rush currant (you should get loads on that plant!)

Comment

• Originally posted by seasprout View Post
          dancing with smurfs, load of stunning fruit, tastes awful.
          Strange, the first couple of years growing these I honestly thought they were delicious. I had some friends 'blind test" some and they were in the top 5. This year Ive got some growing, they are really black and Im not keen at all.
          Last edited by Scarlet; 21-07-2016, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Best I get my post count up to qualify lol. Great idea, I particularly love the thread where people say what they grew and rate on health, look and taste, will be watching with interest

Comment

• Hello, just popping in to say cautiously that I might just be in the clear.
              There are no more leaves with blight on, and so far nothing on the stems or the fruit. Not sure what kind of crop I'll get with only 2-3 full leaves left per plant though, and it could still all collapse if August is a wet month again!
              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• ^^^Oh good, cos guess what?............................I have ******* blight in GH1. Guess which plant is worst effected? Yep, blush.

So sorry peeps, but it looks like all the varieties I mentioned are off now as all of those were in GH1 will have to cross my fingers that gh3 and outside are ok.

Comment

• Oh pants! Am really sorry to hear that. Is it on leaves or stems aswell? Can you rescue any of them?

I have one plant outside lying amongst the squashes which seems to have miraculously escaped everything. Haven't the foggiest how it's done that.

Comment

• Unfortunately they well and truly have blight. Stems are the worst, the leaves and fruit weren't too bad. It is bizarre the worst plants are slap bang in the middle of the gh

Comment

• Oh carp! I think this ud going to be a bad year for blight. What have you got in GH3?

Comment

• ^^^the toms in gh3 are all varieties from last years swap. Supermarmande, tres cantos, orange fav. etc. unfortunately they still have a way to go and guess what..............I have found a smidge of blight in there The only thing I have ripening at the moment is lucky leprechaun and peace vine. It is looking a bit pants at the moment

Comment

• If I stay blight-free, (and I know it might all go pear-shaped really rather rapidly) I can sub in a variety or two for you NG - you were lovely to offer to do the same for me when I thought everything was doomed and I'd like to return the favour.

Comment

• ^^^ Bless ya, TY Hopefully touch wood I will manage I just need to be vigilant Once I have the seeds done and sorted I will say which varieties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                              The only thing I have ripening at the moment is lucky leprechaun and peace vine. It is looking a bit pants at the moment
                              Don't be worried about offering those varieties again it is fun offering new varieties every time but there are several new peeps in the circle this year that won't have tried either of those! I don't want to save seed for every tomato variety ive grown either so it's good to keep them going.
                              Its just gardeners delight or moneymaker that are banned!

Comment

• As a newbie to the circle, what "worries" me (not a lot) is how I'm going to find space for all the varieties I've never grown before.

My present collection of seeds amounts to about 120 different varieties that I've collected and I try to combine growing some of those to keep fresh seed and growing new varieties but to please my better half I've reduced the number of plants from 70+ to 30 this year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X