Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I don't think anyone else has mentioned Akron, green zebra, red velvet bush or Indigo Apple - so any two of those would be great.

Comment

How's about Black Cherry and Black Russian ....?
      (The Black Russian still has no flowers on - yet and appears to be slower growing than the other varieties I have)
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

This time last year I was nearly at harvesting my first tomatoes - this year I only have the first truss formed and little green bullets where the flowers were. I wish summer would get a move on!
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Sparrow, I've had 3 ripe tomatoes from your Sandpoint seeds - thanks
          It was the first to ripen although Rambling Red Stripe was close behind it.
          Latah, Alaskan Fancy and Matina are almost ripe. Like the look of Alaskan Fancy - can't remember who donated the seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
            This time last year I was nearly at harvesting my first tomatoes - this year I only have the first truss formed and little green bullets where the flowers were. I wish summer would get a move on!
            Your luck I have very few flowers just about to form. It's really not looking promising
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by SusieG View Post
              How's about Black Cherry and Black Russian ....?
              (The Black Russian still has no flowers on - yet and appears to be slower growing than the other varieties I have)

I think Jungle Jane may be saving those...see post #1. I'm trying to keep it updated! hopefully she'll pop in and confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Sparrow, I've had 3 ripe tomatoes from your Sandpoint seeds - thanks
                It was the first to ripen although Rambling Red Stripe was close behind it.
                Latah, Alaskan Fancy and Matina are almost ripe. Like the look of Alaskan Fancy - can't remember who donated the seeds.
                Interesting, latah and rambling red stripe were both the same time for me. Sandpoint I've had 1, matina nearly there. Lucky Leprechaun I've had maybe 4 or 5. Though this plant is strange- same as last year, it got really congested....and I need to keep chopping bits out.

Photo taken a couple of weeks ago. There's no room for the plant to breath, I'm taking of leaves all over the place...but it is early. One to harvest early on and bin as soon as the others kick in.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Scarlet; 01-07-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Alaskan fancy was either RosieP or Seasprout????

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I think Jungle Jane may be saving those...see post #1. I'm trying to keep it updated! hopefully she'll pop in and confirm.
                    I've got black icicle & black cherry growing well not sure what my black Russians doing at the moment,it's quite slow compared with the others,no flowers yet? I don't mind if someone else saves those seeds? I've got other varieties I'm saving too if all goes well.

Comment

I am having an absolute disaster. I have blight in the greenhouse. I've taken most of the leaves off, and am crossing fingers AND toes, but I am guessing all the plants will have to go. Soon.

Which will mean I am out this year. *cries*

Comment

Oh noooo..... any on your balcony at home?

Comment

Is there instructions how to save seeds. I'd like to save some this yr which I havnt tried before.
                          Northern England.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Oh noooo..... any on your balcony at home?
                            None. It's north-facing so toms don't work. I have a tiny sliver of hope, but am also quite gutted. This year is really challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                              Is there instructions how to save seeds. I'd like to save some this yr which I havnt tried before.
                              Its easy ...Here you go...
                              How To Save Your Own Seed at Home
                              What are you growing?

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                                None. It's north-facing so toms don't work. I have a tiny sliver of hope, but am also quite gutted. This year is really challenging.
                                I think it's a hard year too, toms are late ripening but so far no sign of blight here. Fingers crossed for you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X