Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ummm found this when looking for J Hawkins information Miracle Fruit Report but It appears that Jack Hawkins is exclusive to waitrose, I found very little other information about them?
    Last edited by Cadalot; 30-12-2016, 07:07 AM.
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Nice set of links Cadalot. One small correction - it was given to me by Thomas Etty's man as Berkeley Tie Dye, not Pink Berkeley Tie Dye, which is a variation of the same tomato.

This link shows the 2 listed side by side: Wild Boar Farms Tomatos, Napa Valley, California

The beans I sent in are Cara la Virgen de la Bañeza León - translated for me as Face of Our Lady of Bañeza in León - I have info on them here: https://mudandgluts.com/seeds-and-se...aving-in-2015/

Hope that helps.
      Last edited by sparrow100; 30-12-2016, 09:02 AM.
      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Thanks Sparrow100 all updated now off to the allotment
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Cad - Blue beans are from HSL 2012 cat. and mangetout winterkefe is brown envelope seeds Winterkefe

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
            Cad - Blue beans are from HSL 2012 cat. and mangetout winterkefe is brown envelope seeds Winterkefe
            Thanks added the mangetout winterkefe link but what's "HSL 2012 cat" ?
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Heritage Seed Library 2012 catalogue

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Heritage Seed Library 2012 catalogue
                Cor, I managed that without typing

Comment

• I'm a ventrilotypist

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Heritage Seed Library 2012 catalogue
                    Is there a link to that at all?
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• ^^^Dunno. I always struggle to find any of their catalogues. The description is:-

Blue Beans (New for 2012)
                      These beans were brought to the UK from France at the end of the Second World War. They are thought to be frost resistant and less attractive to slugs than most French beans. The dark purple pods turn green when cooked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                        Ummm found this when looking for J Hawkins information Miracle Fruit Report but It appears that Jack Hawkins is exclusive to waitrose, I found very little other information about them?
                        Just my experience with Jack Hawkins:

I came across it as the winner of the Tomato Growers Association 7th Tastiest Tomato Competition. So I had to try it, just to see if it is as good as they suggest. After searching for Jack Hawkins tomatoes across the internet, I eventually resorted to asking Wight Salad Group directly and they pointed me at “Big Beef” as an alternative name.

Big Beef was in general an F1 Hybrid but I found that Tomatofest had a dehybridised version and I've grown that a few times

Comment

• John/Jack Hawkins is sold as plants by The John Hawkins F1 plantlet

Comment

• Well just to add my two penneth worth. I can't check because I'm on my phone but I'm sure ive grown this before? Was it in an old Tom circle from several years ago? Or it could have come from trip..

Comment

• I was just reporting to the group what I'd been told. I've found a number of cases now where tomatoes have different names in Europe and the USA (Tamina/Matina, Crimson Crush/Cloudy Days, Jack Hawkins/Big Beef, Japanese Trifele/Black Truffle) why do they do that, it just confuses!

Comment

• ^^^ that is one of my pet hates..drives me nuts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X