Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seed swap rules & Postal Information can be found here ......

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...nce_76437.html
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

How's everyone doing? I think I've successfully bagged and pollinated a muscat de provence and a queensland blue squash (runs round in triumphant circles, punching air!), and will be trying for a thelma sanders if a female flower ever appears.

kent blues weren't as prolific as I'd hoped, but should just about have enough to send in.
      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I have rainbow Swiss chard plants with seed and some fat baby achocha. Will also save some toms...

Comment

I would have loved to have joined this little group. But I don't think I'll have anything worth to offer up.
          I'm only growing two different kinds of tomatoes, some chillies, Peppers & Melon (which I haven't see any sign off any growing) Nothing exciting in my Greenhouse
          Maybe next year!
          @thecluelessgardener

Comment

Then join the VSP instead, Nathalie!

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...nce_68032.html
            Last edited by Martin H; 29-07-2014, 09:08 PM.
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

The carrots have been blooming happily. I've been ill for weeks now, though, so I may have missed the chance to collect scorzonera seed and may have to collect something else.

Comment

Originally posted by planetologist View Post
                The carrots have been blooming happily. I've been ill for weeks now, though, so I may have missed the chance to collect scorzonera seed and may have to collect something else.
                Hope you are feeling better Plantologist!
                Any other grapes in the seed circle have any updates on their seed saving so far?

Comment

Erk. Soz, mangetout seeds all have little holes. Seems the moth didn't miss them. Will have to see whether I can save a few things that I know will come true.And that other people aren't already growing for this.

Better luck next year.

Comment

Loads of people suggest stuff then change their minds Sparrow. If you can gather enough let us know, even if it a tomato, I always love to try a new one...

Comment

Will see if I can bag some of the padron pepper flowers. I've got a potted plant so I can bring it in when the weather gets cooler and give the fruits a chance to ripen fully on the windowsill.

I've only been saving one each of my squashes, so I'm not sure there will be enough seed to put in here. Can't wait to harvest & eat them though! My toms are mostly split or F1s, but will have a look to see what I can find there.
                      Last edited by sparrow100; 03-09-2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I have Bijou mangetout - maybe Goldensweet mangetout also - depends on how many of us are in the Seed circle.
                        Hoping for some other seeds too but no names yet

Comment

Ihave enough fat baby achoca ,exploding cucumber,black sea man tomato & quinoa seeds to go ,peppers failed to launch in their isolation bags and the others will have crossed may have some calabrese soon though
                          don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                          remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Originally posted by snakeshack View Post
                            Ihave enough fat baby achoca ,exploding cucumber,black sea man tomato & quinoa seeds to go ,peppers failed to launch in their isolation bags and the others will have crossed may have some calabrese soon though
                            If your peppers have crossed, I've got aji lemon drops grown in isolation. The plant's dripping with chillies and is up on my balcony. Do you want seeds for the circle?

Comment

Hi planetologist. Is it still possible to join the seed circle? I'm quite new here, but have already done more than 50 posts, and will have passed my first month before the deadline.

I'm trying to save a lot of different varieties, but mostly only in small quantities this year. And the unusually wet weather has been a problem. But I think I'll have enough of a couple of things for everyone in the circle. Probably Long Green Buddha peppers and Buerre de Rocquencourt dwarf beans. Maybe some others too.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                                If your peppers have crossed, I've got aji lemon drops grown in isolation. The plant's dripping with chillies and is up on my balcony. Do you want seeds for the circle?
                                no I should be fine ,plenty of other seeds to go
                                don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                                remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X