Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine came today too! thank you Plantologist, it's a shame so many dropped out but with your local seed swap too it's been worth while. Let's hope 2015 gets lots of takers. Sparrow, the Mr Fearns are really prolific, a lovely slim bean too. Im going to grow it again this year. I'm very chuffed with my thelma Saunders ...looking forward to spring!

Comment

• How similar are they to trail of tears Scarlet? For some reason I wasn't expecting the beans to be black. Am going to grow them at a decent separation...
      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Just to say that the seeds arrived yesterday and looking forward to trying them all out! Here's to a great growing season!

Comment

• Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
          How similar are they to trail of tears Scarlet? For some reason I wasn't expecting the beans to be black. Am going to grow them at a decent separation...
          Ah, that was my thought when I received them. Though they were picked up in a heritage seed swap. And was in an HSL envelope. I googled at the time, eventually found that indeed they were all black, quite small black beans, green pods, very slim, last year was a very good year for my beans but on average 6+ beans per pod. Pretty prolific plants even though I read that they need care.(again the weather?) I grew mine some distance from my other beans, unlikely any crosses - I have quite a big plot. If you want more, please PM. I also grew snowcap..lovely looking bean but very poor yeild, it's a climber though possibly only grow to max 5ft

Comment

• Thanks Scarlet. I might well PM, though I can see they are in the VSP and I will be loading down poor VC with some muscat de provence seeds when they have dried.

I have already run out of windowsill space with my chilli seedlings and am about to construct tier 2 for the next trays. OH is going to go postal...
            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X