X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 seed circles

Hi folks.

The one Seed Circle thread.
    Last edited by zazen999; 19-01-2014, 10:16 AM.

I'm in and will hopefully be saving Di Chioggia beetroot, Avon Resister parsnip and from a range of tomatoes, peas and beans.

Comment

I'm in, and will be attempting to save Tarbais beans, Sigmadew cucumbers and some as yet unspecified tomatoes

Comment

I'm in and hope to save Babington leeks and something unusual - who knows what will grow this year?

Comment

I'm in too and hope to save from beans, peas and tomatoes. I'm also going to be adventurous and try to save from a chilli pepper "Lemon Drop" with the glue method, if someone will teach me
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds
            Can I clarify a point? If I wanted to do my own seed parcel, I can't?

(I don't want to: I did the first two, and they were both stolen. Sorry, "went astray" )
            This is a Circle. Not a parcel.

We aren't going to support any additional Circles; because I now have the issue of tracing and sorting out someone else's Circle as it all comes to us if it goes wrong.

So we are going to ask any other Circles to be run outside of the Vine.

Comment

I still don't know how this will work?? Will it be just like last years all in circle?? What do you mean when you get to choose what you want???

Comment

I have a couple of new tomatoes to grow this year, haven't sown them yet - so can't remember both of their names

I also have some white devoy beetroot that's still in the ground so I'm hoping to save seed from that too. It's white (obviously), and shaped like a parsnip. Will need to do a bit of research on how to isolate mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt94 View Post
                  I still don't know how this will work?? Will it be just like last years all in circle?? What do you mean when you get to choose what you want???

Once we have the list at the end of the year, you can choose what you want.

Comment

Tomatoes, Peppers, Black Hungarian chilli, and hopefully peas and beans depending on the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                      It's probably me being thick, but I'm sure I will understand it eventually lol

Comment

Bit like a mini VSP?

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                          Well that's definitely me being thick - but what's the difference to the Virtual Seed Parcel then?
                          and what if more people want one variety than there's packets?

(scratches head)....

Nellie
                          ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt94 View Post
                            It's probably me being thick, but I'm sure I will understand it eventually lol
                            There will be a list and you can say what you want.

some people will want as many bags as possible, some might want just peas and beans or tomatoes; but having individual circles is great until the harvests are bad but this way, everyone will still get a decent amount of seeds and it will save on the postage.

Lets see what people want to save first...

Comment

Originally posted by nellie-m View Post
                              Well that's definitely me being thick - but what's the difference to the Virtual Seed Parcel then?
                              and what if more people want one variety than there's packets?

(scratches head)....

Nellie
                              The VSP is donated seeds not saved seeds.

Copied from post number 1 'Then once we know who is in or out, and what harvests we have, we can decide how many packets to split yours into before you send it in. '

In quite a few cases, people have donated to both the tomato circle and the all in with the same seeds; so this way we just keep it all in one big circle.
                              Last edited by zazen999; 19-01-2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X