Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That will teach me to read properly. I was making my packs up last night, and making 20 of each, and thinking blimey this is too many packs!

This morning, I see that we only have 12 in the circle, which is much more manageable for small scale seed production

I haven't read the thread all the way through, but can you close the circle now please? At 12 members
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt94 View Post
      Will do! - thank you TS - im guessing its a climbing french?
      Yes, a climber, it came to me from Flummery, and it's just beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post

I haven't read the thread all the way through, but can you close the circle now please? At 12 members
        Dont you think its a tad early to close it?
        Last edited by Matt94; 12-09-2012, 01:04 PM.

Comment

No, because:

- I've got enough seeds for 12 packets
          - I don't have enough seeds for 20 packets
          - I've already parcelled mine up, I don't really want to come back to it again

Last edited by Two_Sheds; 13-09-2012, 06:45 AM.

Comment

But you could have 13 members because you don't need a packet of your own seeds - or do you?

Comment

Oh no, don't go and confuse me with the maths

Comment

I don't know how it works but it seems odd if someone sends in their own seeds for distribution and has a packet sent back to them

Comment

No, you don't get your own seeds sent back to you ~ unless it's me running the swap, and then you might

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    I don't know how it works but it seems odd if someone sends in their own seeds for distribution and has a packet sent back to them
                    It may seem odd, but it will be easier when sorting out the packets for everyone, as then i wouldn't have to check who needs what/ who doesn't need what etc - i.e. I would only need to sort out 12 bundles of 24 packets.

TBH its my first time in doing one - but i would imagine it would be easier for the person doing the parcel doing the above method

Comment

• Don't forget the extra postage - peas and beans are bulky.
                      If there are 13 donors, prepare 13 addressed envelopes. As long as everyone puts their name on their seeds, you'll know not to add those seeds to their envelope.
                      Easy Peasy!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Don't forget the extra postage - peas and beans are bulky.
                        If there are 13 donors, prepare 13 addressed envelopes. As long as everyone puts their name on their seeds, you'll know not to add those seeds to their envelope.
                        Easy Peasy!!!
                        yep never thought of that

Reagarding the stamps; As i have said on the first page i will tell everyone how many stamps to put in when i know the amount of seeds. - i should imagine 2 large letter stamps should be more than enough
                        Last edited by Matt94; 13-09-2012, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          Don't forget the extra postage - peas and beans are bulky.
                          Easy Peasy!!!
                          The way I do it is to receive seeds, when everyone has sent them all in. Put them all out on the table. Make sure that each envelope has the Grape's name on it - and then distribute each Grape's seeds to the envelopes that aren't theirs.

Usually 2 large letter stamps does it but you have to be careful with peas and beans it doesn't go over 25mm and then it becomes £2.20 to post.

Comment

• Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                            Usually 2 large letter stamps does it but you have to be careful with peas and beans it doesn't go over 25mm and then it becomes £2.20 to post.
                            I think my parcel may be bigger than that

I've just used Parcel delivery from your corner shop :: Collect+ Courier Services to send an eBay parcel (much, much cheaper than Royal Mail).

Comment

• Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                              I think my parcel may be bigger than that

I've just used Parcel delivery from your corner shop :: Collect+ Courier Services to send an eBay parcel (much, much cheaper than Royal Mail).
                              just had a look and it says their prices start at £3.99!

Comment

• Well, the parcel I just sent was 2kg: £4 with courier, £10 with RM

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X