Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingers crossed for a good harvest, the parsley peas in the greenhouse (early sowing to get seed), are showing flower buds , and the cranberry pole beans are just coming up.
    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      How could you Matt? Reminding me of the embarrassment of being mocked by you and all the Mods knowing what you'd said, and poor little me was the only one who didn't
      hahaha - you never found out what i said did you?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt94 View Post
        hahaha - you never found out what i said did you?
        No, the Mods were far too polite to tell me

Comment

anyone else want to join?

Comment

May I join? I can either offer two kinds of B.beans = masterpiece green longpod and sutton dwarf, or can offer one broad bean and a pea variety (will have to check on the names of the ones i have growing)

Comment

of course you can join leeds lad, i will add you on the list. erm i will put you down for both varieties of BB - but you can always change that later on if you want

Comment

of course you can join leeds lad, i will add you on the list. erm i will put you down for both varieties of BB - but you can always change that later on if you want
                Ok, cool stuff then =)

Comment

Right im just giving this another bump - just incase anyone who hasn't added the varieties they are growing for the swap, wants to add them now!

I would also like to note this thread is also for people to discuss how their pea/bean crops are growing, when they harvest the seed etc

Comment

I may need to drop out of this, my mange tout is doing ok, but my beans have for the most part been destroyed by slugs/snails
                    Last edited by Urban; 04-07-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I think I'm out too, nothing much happening on the peas and beans front in my garden. It will take a miracle to have any to eat, let alone save for seeds. Sorry Matt - you can be rude about me again now

Comment

well for the moment i will leave both of your names on the list (if thats ok with you both?), then in august i will ask everyone if they are still taking part, as this is around the time when you should be harvesting your seeds.

Comment

Just putting you on notice Matt that come August time, I don't expect to be harvesting anything beanwise

Comment

have faith little VC, have faith

Comment

Think I'm with VC. I hope my polytunnel ones grow well, but they will be feeding us rather than going for seed. Obviously not a good year to have joined. I may still have Crimson Flowered broad beans, but have yet to see. They probably won't even dry. This weather is pathetic.
                              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

have faith little VC, have faith
                                I have, Matt, and how did you know I was little?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X