X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt94 View Post
    i did a mock-up parcel and it weighed 80g
    I just did mine, and it weighs 380g, that's £1.40 as a Large Letter, (or £2.20 if the packet is fatter than 25mm).

I've used an old Amazon cardboard envelope, and included stamps & address for its reuse Matt.

http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

You should get it by the 9th
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 04-11-2012, 11:02 AM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      I'll dig out an old amazon cardboard posty thingy
      A what? Do you mean to measure the thickness?

Comment

• Thanks for teh message Matt! I should have some to come to you - do we have confirmation of how many packets you need of each? (i.e. how many members - 1?) Will try to sort at the weekend, but we are picking up a car lid and visiting MIL then I'm off to Germany so it might be the weekend after - sorry!!
        thx!!

Comment

• Originally posted by salilah View Post
          Do we have confirmation of how many packets you need of each? (i.e. how many members - 1?)
          yes - there are 12 members in the circle (including you) so i will need 11 packets of each variety from you . Oh and dont worry about posting late, im sure you wont be alone
          Last edited by Matt94; 01-11-2012, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Just to let you all know i have changed my first post - i will highlight your names in blue once i recieve your seeds

Comment

• Thankyou Two Sheds, ive just recieved your parcel of seeds

Comment

• Mine are all bagged up and ready to go - fingers crossed I will get to the PO early next week.

Comment

• OK - Cherokee Trail of Tears - Kwintus - Canadian Wonder - Dapple Grey. All packed up.

Will be sent this week.

Comment

• Mine all packed and I will post Monday.
                    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Mine are packed - just need to pop into the Post Office tomorrow for the stamps

And - an apology! I didn't save enough of the Rocquencourt (DFB) - it was a bad year here for DFB, most didn't grow that well - and don't appear to have many from last year either - so I've substituted with an unknown Climbing French Bean - it's white-seeded but I'm afraid I no longer have any record of the variety - if you grow it and recognise it, please let me know!! I know it can be very productive, and it must taste OK otherwise I wouldn't keep growing it...

The Golden Sweet yellow mangetout is fine though - good luck with this, it is very prolific, grows very tall, is quite early and very nice as well as attractive!! I always have a load of seeds as I never seem to manage to catch them all before they grow huge <grin>

cheers
                      Salilah (who will try harder on the Rocquencourt next year)
                      PS if anyone is really keen on the Rocquencourt, I still have some of the original Sarah Raven seeds, they are a few years old now but if you fancy trying, just PM me and I will send you some to see if they germinate - I'll have to try this myself next year!

Comment

• Thanks for letting me know guys and Salilah don't worry at least you've managed to save some seeds - I will amend your list now
                        Last edited by Matt94; 11-11-2012, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Thanks salilah - received your parcel today
                          Last edited by Matt94; 13-11-2012, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• For those who haven't sent their seeds to me yet I would put 2 large letter stamps on your return envelope to be on the safe side

Comment

• Mine went Wednesday evening - they should be with you soon. I checked at the PO, my small packet needed £2.20...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Mine went Wednesday evening - they should be with you soon. I checked at the PO, my small packet needed £2.20...
                                Yep it arrived this morning

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X