X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarlet
    replied
    I've only managed to save around 10 each of the dwarf black valentine, cosse violette will hopefully dry by the end of Oct - they are still on the plants. Although I do have aquadulce claudia broad bean as an alternative.

Leave a comment:

• Matt94
    replied
    Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
    When do we send these by Matt? I've sorted the Crimson flowered broad beans already.
    im not sure yet, as i know some of the grapes will still be drying theirs. Maybe i will put a final send date for the end of october
    Last edited by Matt94; 24-09-2012, 09:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• VirginVegGrower
    replied
    When do we send these by Matt? I've sorted the Crimson flowered broad beans already.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Its not for me, Matt, I'm not even in your circle Do it for yourself

Leave a comment:

• Matt94
    replied
    ok, i will try and do that tommorow - just for you lol

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    I suggest you parcel up your own peas - all of them - as that's roughly the same quantity you'll receive from others, and see whether it fits within the RM limits.
    You do not want to end up having to subsidise each envelope that you send out!

Leave a comment:

• Matt94
    replied
    what would you suggest then VC? - i thought 25mm/1 inch thickness would be enough - i will be handing them over the post office counter anyway (i luckily have one literally at the end of my road).

oh and i wasn't thinking about bubble wrap as i didn't think is was necessary!
    Last edited by Matt94; 19-09-2012, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Its the thickness you may have to watch Matt. I've sent peas and beans through the post and they're very hard to keep flat. If you use Jiffy bags they really add to the measurements

Leave a comment:

• Matt94
    replied
    like i said i think it will be 2 large letter stamps but im not sure! - i will have to do a mock up to see the rough weight and size etc

Leave a comment:

• Two_Sheds
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt94 View Post
    I think it will be 2 large letter stamps will be enough!
    If the seeds can fit into the size specs, it's certainly cheaper, but "Large Letters" must be no more than

Length: 353mm max
    Width: 250mm max
    Thickness: 25mm max

Second Class mail | Royal Mail Ltd

It's well worth getting it right: people won't be happy if they have to pay a fine for understamped packets.

Leave a comment:

• Matt94
    replied
    Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    Parcels from 0g to 750g all cost the same: £2.20 (2nd class).

I don't know if that's already been mentioned, perhaps it could go in the first post (message)?
    I put on the first post that I would tell people how much the postage would be when I knew how many people where entering!

I think it will be 2 large letter stamps will be enough! Which I think will allow the the letter to weigh upto 500 grams (just looked at royal mail postage prices)
    Last edited by Matt94; 19-09-2012, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Two_Sheds
    replied
    Parcels from 0g to 750g all cost the same: £2.20 (2nd class).

I don't know if that's already been mentioned, perhaps it could go in the first post (message)?

Leave a comment:

• Matt94
    replied
    Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
    How many packets of ten are we now looking at? 12/13?
    At the moment there are 11 members taking part, with the broad beans it may be best to put around 6 seeds to a pack (to help keep the cost of postage down), have a look at the first post, as I've put a rough guide as to how many seeds to put in each pack depending on the type of seed!

If you need any more info just let me know
    Last edited by Matt94; 19-09-2012, 07:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• VirginVegGrower
    replied
    Matt, I've got Crimson Flowered Broad Beans that are drying nicely and I look to have quite a number of Borlotti Dwarf doing well (trying not to tempt fate here). How many packets of ten are we now looking at? 12/13?

Leave a comment:

• Matt94
    replied
    Right BarleySugar ive crossed the cranberry pole beans off of your list and replaced them with martock

If anyone else would like theirs ammending or more adding to their list - just let me know

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X